Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: DPowell w/ achilles | DP likely to be w/ 1st unit
What a disaster. The roster isn’t equipped to succeed without him. It’s trade or go home time.
Like Reply
That sucks for Dwight, who heavily relies on his athletism. Luckily the Mavs gave him a premature extension. Wink

Let´s hope he makes a fully recovery, cause I´d rather not thing about the potential consequences, if we carry around two injury liabilities for $45M per year.
Like Reply
Terrible for DP. Wishing him a full recovery. Hurts the team too as they have committed to a long term extension. At least DP has that as a solace.

Is there anyone in the Dleague we can get? Faried doesn’t do much for me.
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 11:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I want to know if the Mavs had any information on a minor injury prior to the game. He hit the floor untouched two times before the injury.
3rd time he tore his achilles.

Interesting you mention the falls. I remember the first at the beginning of the game. I thought the second fall was THJ or DFS (can’t remember which). Either way when Powell went down with the Achilles, my first reaction was “what’s up with all the unassisted falls tonight?”.   Think the others were just coincidental, and I don’t remember hearing about an injury pre-game. 

Too bad for the kid. A solid player for us, and a genuinely good guy.  Hope he can make it back early next season. Don’t like what we would possibly have to give up to get another big, because as others have mentioned, not only did we lose depth at a position of need, we lost an asset. Perhaps we can catch a break on a salary dump with our trade exception.
Like Reply
Maxi gonna get leaned on
Like Reply
Well fuck. KP finally comes back and now this. DP's a good guy so I'm glad he got his money first. It's even more clear now we need to go get Drummond
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...38720?s=20
Like Reply
(01-22-2020, 01:15 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Well fuck. KP finally comes back and now this. DP's a good guy so I'm glad he got his money first. It's even more clear now we need to go get Drummond
I hate that DP went down but if it lights a fire under DN to get our guy, then so be it. I wish the DFW ownership was more like Boston and Houston. GO GET IT!!!!!!
Like Reply
(01-22-2020, 01:15 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Well fuck. KP finally comes back and now this. DP's a good guy so I'm glad he got his money first. It's even more clear now we need to go get Drummond

Hell naw.... Drummond wants to be paid.  Great rebounder, not much else.
Like Reply
Damn.
Big loss for Mavs and for Canada national team in Olimipcs year.
But the biggest for Dwight personally.
Wish him nothing but smooth rehab and good recovery.
Like Reply
Get well, Dwight, the best you can, the soonest you can...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7284638720
Like Reply
Maxi and KP both play games that lend themselves to potential injuries. Maxi throws himself around out there (which I love, but puts him in bad positions). The only path forward is another big man
Like Reply
Horrible news for DP and Mavs. His game was a perfect compliment for what the Mavs do.

I'm okay with the Mavs making a minor move, but the last thing the Mavs need to do is throw more resources into the center position than they already have, and particularly with a paint clogger who is a horrible, horrible, horrible fit with Luka like Drummond.
Like Reply
Terrible news.  As someone else said earlier, Dwight's game is big on hustle and athleticism.  Great personality too. 
I know its early but with a long term contract he'll probably need to emphasize the 3 point shooting aspect of his game even more. 
That could give him a chance to evolve his game and keep the impact positive.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Devastating. Bet some here come to a new level of appreciation for DP now that he’s gone. 

The headline going forward is the Mavs now need a starting center or forward capable of 28 minutes next to KP. 

Mavs lose rebounding, toughness, hustle, energy, high screener, lob threat, Doncic’s primary PnR partner, rim-runner gravity, scoring efficiency, paint points, PnR defense, BBIQ, veteran leadership. That’s a lot to replace.
Like Reply
Luka can play the 4. So can DFS. But KP just became a full-time 5.
Like Reply
(01-22-2020, 09:38 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Luka can play the 4. So can DFS. But KP just became a full-time 5.

No I don't think so. I would suspect in the short-term that Mavs put Maxi next to KP in the starting lineup but still play a lot of small-ball. Even when Mavs go to small-ball with KP being the only center-esque guy out there he still doesn't really do PnR. It just means they do without a roll man in those situations in favor of the spread-em-out drive and kick type game.
Like Reply
(01-22-2020, 09:35 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Devastating. Bet some here come to a new level of appreciation for DP now that he’s gone. 

The headline going forward is the Mavs now need a starting center or forward capable of 28 minutes next to KP. 

Mavs lose rebounding, toughness, hustle, energy, high screener, lob threat, Doncic’s primary PnR partner, rim-runner gravity, scoring efficiency, paint points, PnR defense, BBIQ, veteran leadership. That’s a lot to replace.

Maybe but not necessary.  Some of you still act like 7'4" Boban isn't on the roster.  Cool 
Last game against Clippers: 
Quote:Marjanovic logged nearly 16 minutes against the Clippers, producing 12 points on 5-of-6 shooting with seven rebounds and two blocks.

Take that number from 16 up to 20 - 25 max and work KP, Kleber along with your small ball magic as needed to fill in the rest.
Like Reply
More mins for Bono? Sure. But not a lot more. That body requires minutes management.

Maxi next to KP? Yes, of course. But calling him center seems silly to me.
Like Reply