Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129
(01-11-2020, 04:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I know that Lebron complimented Luka personally and everything in the first Lakers game, but I wonder how much of his playoff-like effort last night had to do with the All-Star vote.
Hard to say what all enters into these things. 

FWIW, Dwight Howard discussed the Lakers' recent criticism for faffing around at the beginning of games. He said they had adopted a new strategy after a bad game (I think against the Knicks?), determined to smash opponents right out of the gate, leaving no doubt in the opponent's mind that they are not there to mess around. Mission accomplished, I guess.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:34 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Mavs Blown Out By AD-Less Lakers

What a beatdown. Mavericks lay an egg at home in a contest with a hated opponent. 

Game Story

Boban (10 min) was a bright spot of sorts. He didn't protect the rim any better than the other bigs, but at least he provided some offense, with 14 points and 10 rebounds (7 offensive) in short minutes. Always a crowd-pleaser, the gentle giant drew cheers from the arena. I expect we will hear more from dahlsim on the matter

Bounce back, young Mavs!

The good news is the Mavs had a big man that scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in just 10 minutesBig Grin  The bad news is, that same big man only played 10 minutes of the 48 in the game, and those minutes only after the team was already behind big and yeah that's mostly without running plays for him.  Dodgy 

BTW, anybody notice how Lebron mixed in a nice assortment of Post Up plays against the Mavericks, quite successfully.  Did he not get the memo?  That play is dead King James!  Huh
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 05:50 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: BTW, anybody notice how Lebron mixed in a nice assortment of Post Up plays against the Mavericks, quite successfully.  Did he not get the memo?  That play is dead King James!  Huh
The calculator guys agree. When was it that we started over-relying on the calculator and not using our eyes and instinct as a coach?
Like Reply