Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3 Playoffs 2024: Los Angeles Clippers (1-1) vs Dallas Mavericks (1-1)
(04-26-2024, 09:26 PM)The Jom Wrote: I dunno. Lively was first, and he’s looking like the same kind of difference maker from my seat.

Lively is great but the defensive improvement happened after the trade. And looking at the +/- it's not coming down to the bigs. Lively/Gafford/Kleber. All fine. But way better with PJ on the floor. Just like the rest of the team.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
westbrick getting out of control lmao
Like Reply
They’ll eject PJ ugh
Like Reply
My goodness so stupid. KP getting ejected against them in the bubble comes to mind.

UGH UGH UGH
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 09:30 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: They’ll eject PJ ugh

As long as he's able to play the next game, I'm good with it. He stood up for Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Great stoppage...worth it for the extra rest to Luka and Kyrie
Like Reply
Do the Mavs realize the game isn't over?
Like Reply
I bet Clippers fans HATE PJ Washington viscerally now. Finally, our team has one of those guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Mavs survived an all time stinker from Luka. 7/25. 5tov.
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
2 down, 14 to go!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Great defense all night by everyone. We need two big offensive games to close this out
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 09:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs survived an all time stinker from Luka. 7/25. 5tov.

And this game was never even particularly close or doubtful in the second half.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
This one was even more encouraging than game two. Mavs didn't beat them with small ball. They stayed big and beat the Clippers at their own game. More physical. More aggressive on the boards. Zubac still put up big numbers but it felt like the combined effort from Gafford/Lively was more impactful.
  • Branduil, Lukedoncic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
We shoot 9 of 34 from deep. That’s under 27%. And yet the Clips concede with 3 minutes to go. This is a new era for damn sure.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 5 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, MFFL, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 09:51 PM)The Jom Wrote: We shoot 9 of 34 from deep. That’s under 27%. And yet the Clips concede with 3 minutes to go. This is a new era for damn sure.

Clippers had the better FG%, 3p% and FT%. Mavs outhustled them and won the possession game. +3 offensive rebounds. -11 turnovers.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I just love having a tough, physical team...but with two superstars. Luka wasn't even good today, but is asked to do almost everything. But he didn't really have it tonight.

Mavs length and strength won the game. It got them a ton of dunks and the Clippers didn't know what to do when they got into the paint. Fun game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • donzingis38, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 09:51 PM)The Jom Wrote: We shoot 9 of 34 from deep. That’s under 27%. And yet the Clips concede with 3 minutes to go. This is a new era for damn sure.

I actually think Lue tried one last trick, hoping that their scrubs are better than ours. Felt a bit early to pull the starters on our part.

Anyway I like the edge with which Washington play, but he needed to be smarter there. We need his defense on everybody. Cool 

Also Westbrook acted a proper cunt the whole game. He was out there trying to hurt people. He should have gotten another flagrant. Could easily have dislocated Luka´s shoulder.
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 01:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No need to worry, everyone. I'll be watching again tonight, just like I watched Game 2.

Thank you, sir!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-26-2024, 09:57 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Thank you, sir!

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b95240aj9pfns0ejbuvgbrj...w.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
Another awesome defensive performance, while Clippers considerably worse on defense than in first two games. Once Mavs shots start falling, this series will be over. Just have to keep the defensive effort, which was absolutely brilliant tonight. Clippers took just 70 shots. Love PJ and his toughness. Him, DJJ, Green and others totally stopped George and Kawhi. Perimeter defense was phenomenal.

Westbrook should be ejected earlier. Making dirty play after dirty play whole game. He was trying to lift his team with the energy, but I think he was crossing the line.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164
Like Reply