Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0)
Kleber looks lost out there. Clippers are not even goin g to try to guard him or Jones. They need to provide something on offense this series
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
3 fts, and the ball back.

Can the Mavs capitalize?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kleber offensively has been so so so bad
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I think Mavs are going to need Green in this series to match guys like Manns energy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Mavs are +18 in FTAs and still getting beat by double digits. Didn’t have that on my bingo card either. Maybe the Xlipps have been dirty, but they’ve paid for it. The Mavs just couldn’t capitalize.
Like Reply
This is all bad...we are really having to rely on Kleber AGAIN in 2024 as the best big man option because Lively and Gafford have been ineffective. But it's not like Kleber is that much better but he just poses the "threat" of a 3-point shot.
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 04:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Mavs are going to need Green in this series to match guys like Manns energy

Yeah and especially for his relentless help defense to trap guys and steal the ball when they put it on the floor. We played some good defense, but they always missed the right moment to double from the blind side and poke balls away.
Like Reply
Ty Lue is one of the best drawing up plays out of TO's.
Like Reply
What I would change...

- PJ/Kleber small ball to slow down Harden and hopefully force Zubac to guard in space (play him off the floor with better shooting). Gafford can be the token starter. Not sure if they have minutes for Lively
- Josh Green instead of THJ
- More Exum. Less DJJ. 1v1 defense isn't as valuable because the Clippers will switch hunt anyway. Three guard lineup is needed to find mismatches.
Like Reply
Clippers have 5 players in double figures, and one with 9. Mavs have 3. Need more players to contribute.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Luka77, rocky164
Like Reply
The difference between Green vs THJ has been so apparent
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Imagine if the Mavs actually were locked in from the beginning and were ready to play from the get go. This was a winnable game that they blew.

Now Kawhi is gonna be back for game 2 and it's gonna a become that much harder to beat this team.
Like Reply
Clipper’s biggest weakness this season is transition defense. Josh can definitely exploit that better than THj. THj shouldn’t see a meaningful minute the rest of the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Not gonna be easy even without Kawhi.
Like Reply
They got murdered in the 1st half. 8 pts in the second quarter. You can't shoot that bad, you just can't.
Like Reply
Gafford/Lively/Kleber: 9 points, 7 rebounds
Zubac: 20 points, 15 rebounds

We are in BIG trouble if they get outplayed like that!
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Great win for the Clippers. They deserved that one. Game 2 is must win for both teams. It will decide things. Clippers did absolutely nothing special to defend Luka today. Not a thing. Just played him straight up. Luka needs to punish them for that to win. He’ll need to get 40 with 65% TS against that kind of defense for the Mavs to win. And a third option needs to step up.
Like Reply
Gafford and Lively better get their stuff together or be prepared to play very little this series. Zubac destroyed them.
Like Reply
THJ should never play another minute in a Mavs uniform and Green should get his minutes this series. I would even consider starting Green and sitting DJJ
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 05:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Gafford/Lively/Kleber: 9 points, 7 rebounds
Zubac: 20 points, 15 rebounds

We are in BIG trouble if they get outplayed like that!

Yep, mavs made a point in the second half of the season to be bigger than most teams, get more easier baskets, and defend the rim better than most teams.  The need to win the matchup.

Sure, Kleber is a nice change of pace for quick segments but I don’t think he is the answer for long runs.  My opinion
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, surfpuckmd
Like Reply