Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0)
[Image: GLYuPt0WwAE_sZ_?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I feel like today is going to tell us a lot
If they come out swinging and soundly put away the clippers, then I'm going to have a ton of confidence in a long playoff run.
If they lay an egg and give this away without Kawhi, you have to question their chances even if they do win this series
Like Reply
(04-21-2024, 11:02 AM)Jym Wrote: I feel like today is going to tell us a lot
If they come out swinging and soundly put away the clippers,  then I'm going to have a ton of confidence in a long playoff run.
If they lay an egg and give this away without Kawhi, you have to question their chances even if they do win this series

Agreed.

Mavs hopefully have remained locked in and come out with a tone setting quarter for the rest of the series. 

Even with no Kawhi this Clippers team is scary. Game 1 Harden is a real thing. PG can still give you 40 any single night. Westbrook can also score 30 pretty easily. This is a tough series through and through.
Like Reply
Kawhi ruled out for game 1.

Take care of business, my beloved Mavs!
Like Reply
Mavs PR (@MavsPR)
Tim Hardaway Jr. (illness) will be AVAILABLE for Game 1 against the Clippers.

Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
Ty Lue says Kawhi Leonard “is progressing, has been on the floor the last couple of days.” Leonard has not done any contact and will be monitored “day by day.”
Kawhi Leonard is out for Game 1, per Ty Lue.

Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Tyronn Lue on when Kawhi Leonard can begin participating in contact portions of practice: "We haven't gotten that far yet."
Like Reply
Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Irving punctuated his warmup with a pair of dunks. “Hey, hollered Darrell Armstrong, “save some for the game.”

Irving always has his game face on during warmups, but looked extra-serious today, if you ask me.
Like Reply
Chuck Cooperstein (@coopmavs)
Mavs starters: Jones, Washington, Gafford, Irving, Doncic
LAC starters: George, Coffey, Zubac, Mann, Harden
2:40 tip @971TheFreak
Like Reply
The potential game day coaching mismatch is all there is to worry about in this series (except for random injury luck, which favors the Mavs at the moment, but could change on any play).
Like Reply
I'm nervous.

Let's go mavs! I hope it's gonna be a show
Like Reply
Honestly ok so far. Need Luka to start iso-ing and attack Zubac on the switch.
Like Reply
Zubac having his way with Gafford. Picked up 2 quick fouls. Better put Lively in.
Like Reply
Mavs have over a week to prep and the first two possessions are terrible shots off of iso. Need to do better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
How do you scheme up Kyrie guarding Zubac?
Like Reply
Lue has the Clippers ready! That will be their best chance of winning this series if he can take Kidd to school
Like Reply
See there we go. Luka attacks Zubac sitting low and gets to the FT line. Need to do that over and over
Like Reply
PJs defense has been insane. Lively has been doing very well. Exum making key moves.

Luka just needs to start cooking the Zubac matchup.
Like Reply
Mavs are far better than last time but the coaching matchup is probably far worse. Lue got the jump on Kidd with the opening strategy, but the last part of the season the Mav’s staff made good 2nd half adjustments. Keep it close at half and hope to figure things out at half.
Like Reply
Harden might torch them all series long...you know he wants to get revenge on Brian Dameris  Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Didn't expect Harden to show up.
Like Reply