Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the Mavs uniforms/visual identity
Sorry this is a nitpick thread but I just want to say I absolutely hate the Mavs current set of uniforms. Every game is a different uniform and there's no consistency in colors, logos, fonts, designs, etc. It seems like they just see any design they think looks cool and add it to their set without worrying if it matches. The Mavs have never had a super strong visual identity, but at least they had one with the blue and green in the first couple decades and the blue and silver in most of the Dirk era.

Anyway yeah this is a nitpick thread but I hope the new owners can appreciate the benefit of a consistent visual brand and commission a new, consistent, and good look for the Luka era.
Like Reply
You should direct your ire to Nike. The lack of consistent uniforms/colors/design is from them.

They're the ones that got rid of "Home" "Away" and "Alternate", and replaced it with "Icon", "Association", and "City" all because they could make more money by featuring uniforms in any order they wanted.

The city uniform especially. It's a new thing every year and makes fans purchase a special uniform if they please.

I'm with you though. It's disgusting there is no consistency anymore.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply