Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 70: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs. Utah Jazz (29-40)
PJ and Lively struggling but the Mavs have more depth and still get PF/C production from Gafford and Kleber.
Like Reply
Pels lose, Kings are down, Mavs are up - this could be a great night for the Mavs. Would be nice if the Hawks would show out against the Suns too.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty, soog
Like Reply
Gafford down...
Like Reply
Mavs are 6/15 from the line.
Like Reply
Kyrie and Hardaway shooting us out of the game
Like Reply
Luckily the Jazz can’t shoot. Two late threes give the Mavs some breathing room at half.

Any word what Gafford hurt? I hope not knee. Not good seeing him being helped to locker though. Hope for the best
Like Reply
Defense is looking really good. As far as rotations and off ball switches go this is the best I have seen in a long time. Offense is getting worse. Even more iso ball than usual. Spacing is turning into a big problem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 08:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Luckily the Jazz can’t shoot.  Two late threes give the Mavs some breathing room at half.

Any word what Gafford hurt?  I hope not knee.  Not good seeing him being helped to locker though.  Hope for the best

Contusion (bruise) he retuned to the bench.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
Defense looks great. Not worried about the offense long term.

Keep Gafford out, let Powell eat some minutes, get the win and it’s a great night for the Mavs with Sac losing to the Wizards.

This place might burn down if the Mavs lost to the Wizards in the midst of a playoff seeding push.
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 08:43 PM)Smitty Wrote: Contusion (bruise) he retuned to the bench.

Great thanks.  I didn’t think it was the knee first and what he was first holding but then on the replay o wondered when Potter slammed into him low if his knee buckled.  Weird play.
Like Reply
Yoooo just freakin win tonight and we'll be 6th seed!!!!

gafford's back
Like Reply
Keyonte George is Hardy on a bad team.
Like Reply
Jeez Jazz were just wanting to go home but Mavs played to crowd and got sloppy.

They had some great highlight plays but you have to stay focused. Now it may be a game in the fourth.
Like Reply
Lively struggling on defense. Has already lost his starting spot and is seeing a steady decline in minutes over the last few games. Gafford has been better in the same role and Kleber can do stuff that the other two cannot do.
Difficult to balance the development minutes vs playoff race. Would prefer to let him play through it but I can understand that the Mavs cannot afford to experiment right now.
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
Gafford with a couple of nice passes. Something he hasn't shown in previous games.
Like Reply
Feels like a Mavs game from earlier in the season. Just reversed roles. Jazz transition defense is terrible. One transition dunk after another.
Like Reply
Gafford is killing it
Like Reply
16 dunks. Gafford with 10. lol

Not sure why they put Luka back in
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 09:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: 16 dunks.  Gafford with 10.  lol

Not sure why they put Luka back in

If it wasn't for the injury I would let him close the game. All time record is 11 (Shaq).
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 09:46 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Not sure why they put Luka back in
You know why
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Lukedoncic
Like Reply