Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 70: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs. Utah Jazz (29-40)
Lets go Mavs!
Like Reply
This game has a big feeling of a trap game. Utah has lost, 9 out of its last 11 games, but they haven't given up in any of them!

The game against OKC was competitive until the middle of the 4th. They were down 4 against Boston heading into the 4th. Minny couldn't pull away until then last minute of the 4th.

Point is, Utah is scrappy and the Mavs have to come out with pace so as to not get embarrassed. Hopefully Luka's hamstring is feeling better now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Utah is a much better offensive team than SA. Mavs will need to be serious on defense
Like Reply
Boy am I glad Utah traded Simone Fontecchio to Detroit. That guy is a bona fide Mav killer. Averaging 25.5 PPG against us over the last two games and set his career high in the last matchup
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 08:56 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: This game has a big feeling of a trap game. Utah has lost, 9 out of its last 11 games, but they haven't given up in any of them!

The game against OKC was competitive until the middle of the 4th. They were down 4 against Boston heading into the 4th. Minny couldn't pull away until then last minute of the 4th.

Point is, Utah is scrappy and the Mavs have to come out with pace so as to not get embarrassed. Hopefully Luka's hamstring is feeling better now.

I hear ya. Utah is on the second night of b2b but Clarkson and Lauri sat out last night. They're expected to play tonight. If I was a betting man I'd take Utah +14.5 as that number seems hiiiggghhh...
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 09:23 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Boy am I glad Utah traded Simone Fontecchio to Detroit. That guy is a bona fide Mav killer. Averaging 25.5 PPG against us over the last two games and set his career high in the last matchup

I didn't get that one myself. Fontecchio has a nice shot and can score. He'll replace what Bogdanovic gave them.  Speaking of Bogie, he isn't getting half the minutes with Thibs as he got in Detroit. He had a pained look sitting on the bench in the game vs GS.
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 10:43 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: I didn't get that one myself. Fontecchio has a nice shot and can score. He'll replace what Bogdanovic gave them.  Speaking of Bogie, he isn't getting half the minutes with Thibs as he got in Detroit. He had a pained look sitting on the bench in the game vs GS.

I always thought it was a bit weird NYK went and traded for Bojan who is a versatile offensive forward that can hit a 3 but isn't a spectacular defender almost 2 years after trading for Fournier who is a versatile offensive forward who can hit a 3 but isn't a spectacular defender.

Only reason why I think Bojan hasn't been benched is because he's just better than Fournier at both offense and defense. 

Back to the Jazz, Lauri has been listed day to day with DNP-Injury Management AKA tankathon-itis. Clarkson the same. If Smitty is right and they play tonight the Mavs have a handful to work with. 

Sidenote, can we please find a way to get Lauri on this team?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth
Utah Jazz Injury Report vs. Dallas Mavericks 

Jordan Clarkson - out (right groin strain)
John Collins - out (facial contusion) 
Darius Bazley - out (G League) 
Kenneth Lofton Jr. - out (G League)

Lauri in. But Clarkson is out. Mavs dodge half a bullet but have to face the Finnisher Confused
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 01:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth

Lauri in. But Clarkson is out. Mavs dodge half a bullet but have to face the Finnisher Confused

I would think that our frontcourt of Lively/Landlord/PJ/Maxi should limit Lauri big time.
Like Reply
Lauri always seems to play well against us. I think some of it may be that he wanted to be here a few years ago.

Jazz keep their pick if it falls within the top 10. They lose it to OKC if it falls out of the top 10. Man, OKC is such pick fiends. They took on Derrick Favors for the Jazz pick. 1-10 protected this year and next and then 1-8 the following year. That looks like to be a pretty decent pick in time...all for taking on the corpse of Derrick Favors.

We are in the final stretch, but I really wish we could have games where Luka and Kyrie don't need to ball all out. It would be nice to get a win where Luka goes 5-12 shooting with 15 assists. I feel the heavy load for both is not great going down the stretch.

I would seriously consider sitting Exum....definitely in Utah Smile. That is just bad karma. He could never get healthy there and then I believe the game in Utah is where he hurt his plantar fasciitis and missed a bunch of time after. Something must be in the water there.
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 04:19 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: We are in the final stretch, but I really wish we could have games where Luka and Kyrie don't need to ball all out.  It would be nice to get a win where Luka goes 5-12 shooting with 15 assists.  I feel the heavy load for both is not great going down the stretch.

Not to be that dude but didn't we just have a game where Luka went 6-27 and had 16 assists and the Mavs won? 

I agree with you having a cakewalk night while your 2 stars sleep walk is ideal, but I don't think it CAN happen in today's NBA. Every team is stacked with more talent than ever. Gone are the days of the process Sixers or the lowly 2002 Clippers where a team has maybe 3-4 rotation guys and the rest are scrubs.
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 01:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @GrantAfseth

Collins‘ face is still destroyed from Edwards?
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 05:19 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Collins‘ face is still destroyed from Edwards?

Good catch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
(03-21-2024, 05:19 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Collins‘ face is still destroyed from Edwards?

Yes. The Edwards offensive foul.
Like Reply
Ugh. Another game I cannot watch. Who are these people who have basic cable still, and why do we care if they get exclusive games?
Like Reply
No place to stream, no luck with the less than legal streams. I guess I’ll have to watch the highlights later tonight. This really sucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Hardaway throwing up bricks
Like Reply
Hardy should get every single minute Hardaway would be given from now on
Like Reply
Nice to see two threes made at the end of the quarter. pJ can’t buy a 3. Three wide open looks to start the game and clanged them all.

Utah getting way too many easy looks in the first. Surprised we are not down more
Like Reply
Nice minutes by Hardy. Still can be careless with the ball but he is starting to see things slow down.

Two maxi threes…nice
Like Reply