Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 67: Dallas Mavericks (38-28) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-20)
Oh yeah, OKC is probably looking to get revenge for that asswhopping we put on them.
Like Reply
Since I was so accurate with my predictions last time lets try again:

Kyrie has 35+ points, 5+ rebounds, 8+assists
THJ breaks out and has 25+points
Hardy plays more than 15 minutes
Lively+Gafford combine for 30+points 20+rebounds.
PJ O/U points 40.5.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 05:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Since I was so accurate with my predictions last time lets try again:

Kyrie has 35+ points, 5+ rebounds, 8+assists
THJ breaks out and has 25+points
Hardy plays more than 15 minutes
Lively+Gafford combine for 30+points 20+rebounds.
PJ O/U points 40.5.

Cool

I love the optimism. I have a strange feeling about this one. Mavs are 11 points underdogs and I still think they find a way to win without Luka…
Like Reply
Clearly Gafford wants the field goal record, but without Luka spoon feeding him early, it’s probably going to make it a little more difficult, I’d expect…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lukedoncic's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Dallas Mavericks Starters vs. Oklahoma City Thunder:

G Kyrie Irving
G Dante Exum
F Derrick Jones Jr.
F P.J. Washington
C Daniel Gafford
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 07:16 PM)Lukedoncic Wrote: Clearly Gafford wants the field goal record, but without Luka spoon feeding him early, it’s probably going to make it a little more difficult, I’d expect…

Kyrie is still there.
Like Reply
Damn, the streak is over for Gafford.
Like Reply
Refs working hard early. Such blatantly wrong calls. Dort running both elbows through Exum´s face. Holmgren throwing it in the backcourt. Not even sure the Gafford block was out of bounds, when it hit the floor, but.....
Like Reply
Green down.
Like Reply
So far there has been incredible fuckery from the refs that's resulted in at least 5 points for OKC.

Mavs have missed some really easy ones. But I like the shots they're getting.

And as I'm typing this Green goes down and that looked really bad...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Green down.

Doesn't look good...
Like Reply
This did not look good…
Like Reply
Brad Townsend (@townbrad)
Green is in obvious pain, limping straight toward the locker room. Looked like a non-contact injury. I happened to be watching him on that play and it looked like he came down on the side of his foot and his ankle buckled.

Stepped on Lively's foot. Green is gonna be out a while.
Like Reply
Fortunately just an ankle. He might be done for the season but long-term an ankle is much better than an achilles, which I thought it could have been initially
Like Reply
Get Hardy acclimated for the rest of the season. Folks will not like the amount of minutes from THJ about to take place.
Like Reply
Can we get Timmy off the court?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • UberMavsMan41
Like Reply
Being down 6 without Luka and Green getting hurt should be considered a miracle. But it feels like the Mavs should be up. The refs aren't on their side and the Mavs have missed some easy shots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Horrible start. Gafford's streak ended on the first play and that Green injury didn't look good.
Like Reply
Hardaway making his first shot may be worse than him missing one. He followed up a make with two really tough shots that missed, had a turnover and lost a player on a back door. Add maxi not securing a rebound that led to a 3 and that is the difference.

Looks like a fun game so far though. Might be tough to stay close. We are shorthanded but maxi and Hardaway with lively and Jones is not a lot of creation. Tough lineup to score points
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Being down 6 without Luka and Green getting hurt should be considered a miracle. But it feels like the Mavs should be up. The refs aren't on their side and the Mavs have missed some easy shots.

OKC is getting wide open looks as well. A little bit of a reality check for Kidd's defense. Works when the opponent cannot go five out or has multiple mediocre shooters. Against a team like OKC the guys that are left wide open are Kenrich Williams, Chet Holmgren and Lu Dort. Above average 3-point shooters.
Like Reply