Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 67: Dallas Mavericks (38-28) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-20)
Hopefully we will see a lot of Giddey. The perfect target for Kidd's scheme. Already worked in the last game.
Like Reply
Hardy comes in and immediately makes an impact. 2 great possessions. Almost had a crazy pass but wasn't ready for it. This game has proven once again how invaluable Exum is.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Nice pass and defense from Hardy, followed by a careless pass.

Love how we are staying big.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: OKC is getting wide open looks as well. A little bit of a reality check for Kidd's defense. Works when the opponent cannot go five out or has multiple mediocre shooters. Against a team like OKC the guys that are left wide open are Kenrich Williams, Chet Holmgren and Lu Dort. Above average 3-point shooters.

You're not wrong but Dort and Giddey haven't shown they can be consistent 3pt shooters at volume. Same with Kenrich. So I don't disagree with Kidd's gameplan for once. 

But if they are hitting their threes they're almost impossible to beat. Just have to tip your cap.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I’ve said this before but OKC just doesn’t scare me. They’ve been so healthy and that’s half the battle. When they upgrade Giddey and/or Dort that’s a different story. Also, Chet getting stronger.
Like Reply
Not a fan of both Hardaway and Hardy playing together. But at least now we have a tall point and a big 4 and 5 out there. Hardaway isn’t the 4
Like Reply
Chet wants NO part of Gafford down low and Lively matches up well with him too. I would just pound Chet in the post repeatedly.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You're not wrong but Dort and Giddey haven't shown they can be consistent 3pt shooters at volume. Same with Kenrich. So I don't disagree with Kidd's gameplan for once. 

But if they are hitting their threes they're almost impossible to beat. Just have to tip your cap.

Trust in Giddey Big Grin
Like Reply
These refs…

Kidd with hands in pockets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
How many times can the thunder get away with a push off
Like Reply
Blatant whistle against the Mavs. Just two different sets of rules when it comes to allowed contact and overall physicality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
We should sign Poku. He´s been just mishandled. You tell him to foul on every play defensively and expect non calls, he´ll look like Gobert. Because apparently skinny f**** never commit fouls. Rolleyes Okay maybe we need to get him an American passport, too.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: OKC is getting wide open looks as well. A little bit of a reality check for Kidd's defense. Works when the opponent cannot go five out or has multiple mediocre shooters. Against a team like OKC the guys that are left wide open are Kenrich Williams, Chet Holmgren and Lu Dort. Above average 3-point shooters.

Really? I’ve only seen 5 minutes or so. But it seems to be Giddy they’re strategically leaving open from 3. And he’s not above average.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Blatant whistle against the Mavs. Just two different sets of rules when it comes to allowed contact and overall physicality.

It's really incredible how one sided it is.

I've tried to not believe the NBA has it out against the Mavs but time and again there are cases of just blatant one sided officiating.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 09:50 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: We should sign Poku. He´s been just mishandled. You tell him to foul on every play defensively and expect non calls, he´ll look like Gobert. Because apparently skinny f**** never commit fouls. Rolleyes Okay maybe we need to get him an American passport, too.

I watched almost a decade of Powell in a Mavs jersey. Being skinny has nothing to do with it. If you wear a Mavs jersey you are fouling the offensive player with your nose when you take an ellbow to the face.

(03-14-2024, 09:52 PM)The Jom Wrote: Really? I’ve only seen 5 minutes or so. But it seems to be Giddy they’re strategically leaving open from 3. And he’s not above average.

Giddey was on the bench to close the first quarter. Hopefully he plays 40+ minutes.
Like Reply
AND ONE HARDY PARTY

I AM HARDY!!!!!!!!!!
Like Reply
Hardy comes in chucking
Pass the freakin ball!
Like Reply
Van Gundy does not approve of Hardy  Big Grin
Like Reply
Maxi trying to score is giving me aids.
Like Reply
The announcers literally say its a blatant foul.
Like Reply