Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game 63: Miami Heat (35-26) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-28)
(03-07-2024, 09:53 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Dante Exum is just better than Josh Green in every way

Not really an issue as long as Kidd realizes that Green > THJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Maxi with the huge stop on Adebayo.
Like Reply
Lively with a pretty impactful 4 pt 2 rebound game.  He helps when he isn’t putting up ststa
Like Reply
The team always looks better when Exum is productive because Exum is the best PG on the team. Luka and Kyrie are great scorers who can pass and get assists but let's face it...they're not point guards who can run an offense.
Like Reply
Still think they make it too hard z. Don’t do a lot of stuff that makes winning games very hard. Miami does, but they came up short tonight. It catches up to you though
Like Reply
sigh.

We can relax a bit.. for now
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 09:59 PM)WillE Wrote: Maxi with the huge stop on Adebayo.

Yeah, considering how well lively played tonight, I think it was a pretty shrewd move to go with Kleber to close it out.
Like Reply
Mavs won because Exum played instead of THJ. Zero minutes for Tim in the 4th.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, WillE
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:00 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The team always looks better when Exum is productive because Exum is the best PG on the team. Luka and Kyrie are great scorers who can pass and get assists but let's face it...they're not point guards who can run an offense.

I don’t know if I would go as far as to say that Luka can’t play point guard, but… and I don’t want to stir up any negativity tonight, of all nights, but I think he might care about his stats a little bit more than maybe he should.
Like Reply
Luka
Kyrie
Lively
Exum
Maxi

This closing lineup

Plus PJ and his amazing on ball defense

Those are the guys we can trust end of game
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BobyM, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Lively, Kleber, and Gafford put Bam in jail tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Kyrie -15
Like Reply
I actually liked the center rotation tonight.

Lively 23 min +17
Maxi 22 min +16
Gafford 21 min 12pts 7rbs, 5-5 100% FG
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
But a well needed win. Take care of the next two and it will be a 3-2 stretch. A tad disappointing but not season ending. Can’t relax against Chicago and Detroit though
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:00 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The team always looks better when Exum is productive because Exum is the best PG on the team. Luka and Kyrie are great scorers who can pass and get assists but let's face it...they're not point guards who can run an offense.
Let's not think in positions, but I agree that our offense seems more flexible with both, Luka and Dante, on the court.

Exum brings more movement and ball sharing that helps solve some otherwise tight posessions.
Like Reply
As much as I want Lively to be the starting center, I think it's also a pretty good idea to just have him come off the bench. He's still a rookie after all. Even AD didn't start right away. Also, Gafford may not like the idea of backing up a rookie. He has to be better though.
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, considering how well lively played tonight, I think it was a pretty shrewd move to go with Kleber to close it out.
It was Lively plus Kleber to close it. PJ was off the court. I think we could’ve used any of those 6 guys. They were all playing good team defense
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:02 PM)Smitty Wrote: Mavs won because Exum played instead of THJ. Zero minutes for Tim in the 4th.
As long es Exum is productive, he can eat a good chunk of THJs minutes.
Like Reply
Feels like we have a hole at SF. Exum probably can’t be counted on for a ton of minutes but he needs to play. We probably need a shooter and scorer but Hardaway has been so bad that he is not the answer now. Green may be done for a while. I hope not but it looks like he may be in his head again. I just don’t think Jones is the answer because with him and PJ we won’t have the shooting. Tough choices
Like Reply
Defense shows up and shot making happens. That’s what I called for before the game. That’s what happened. More of that please.

Any win against the Heat is a good win.
Like Reply