Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26)
They should pull the starters instead of risking an injury. This one is over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
A depleted team comes in against a full strength Mavs team and destroys them while Midd watches. The Mavs are unsound in both their offensive and defensive schemes. Need a change. This year is lost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I am trying to remember some of the early bad losses this year, but this is probably my worst loss of the year. To come out and play like this at this stage in the season with what they have in front of them against a team short handed is disgusting. You just can't have these type of performances at this stage.

Every team has bad games and playing at home after a road trip is always tricky, but it just can't happen like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Much bigger issues than X’s and O’s. This is a team wide problem on both ends and in every way. Kidd has to answer. Hopefully the media will crank up the fire Kidd movement immediately
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41
Like Reply
Even now, with the game basically over, I am enjoying the lineup with Kleber at the five and Washington at the four.

That continues to be overtly their best lineup, and they need to stop trying to force Gafford in every night. Kleber is not a four, he is a five. It’s so obvious.
Like Reply
Jones Jr a bright spot. He should be given a chance to take the THJ minutes. It’s the perfect time. Hopefully there’s a big blow up in the locker room after the game that forces Kidds hand

The team quit
Like Reply
(03-03-2024, 03:16 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: The team quit

I actually think they’re playing pretty hard right now. They just waited too late to start playing hard.

Absolutely incredible defense by Kleber on that possession. Sprinting to get to the screen level, sprinting back, helping funnel people away from the paint, contesting shots… All in one possession.
Like Reply
(03-03-2024, 03:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Even now, with the game basically over, I am enjoying the lineup with Kleber at the five and Washington at the four.

That continues to be overtly their best lineup, and they need to stop trying to force Gafford in every night. Kleber is not a four, he is a five. It’s so obvious.
I’m coming to this realization as well. I thought Maxi was more versatile, but he lost a bit with the injuries. At the 5 he’s a plus two way bench solution
Like Reply
Kyrie seems like he’s forcing things in this game a little bit too much for my liking. I don’t blame him, because he’s probably just trying to make something happen, but I wish the ball was moving a little bit more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Kyrie Irving has killed us tonight
Like Reply
Maxi
PJ
DJJ
Luka
Kyrie

This is our best lineup if Green id going to poop his pants. Glad we tried a new look
Like Reply
The Kidd defense. Concede the corner 3. It’s idiotic and why he was fired from Milwaukee.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
They actually made a valiant effort to turn this into a game down the stretch, but it was just too little, too late.

I hope they learn from this, coach included, because it’s very disappointing.
Like Reply
Luka and Jones. Everybody else is trash
Like Reply
(03-03-2024, 03:23 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Maxi
PJ
DJJ
Luka
Kyrie

This is our best lineup if Green id going to poop his pants. Glad we tried a new look

If so, we are in so much trouble.   Maybe this game.   two of those guys are not starting level guys on championship teams.   With all the assets we have used that will be really disappointing.    Maxi, if healthy, is a real nice rotation player.   15-20 minutes.   DJJ has played well today and always defends well, but not sure if he is a top 8 rotation player on a really good team.   PJ needs to shoot better, but has done other things well.   If he is not a threat from three it will continue to be a big issue.
Like Reply
PJ is not really a threat from 3. He's not automatic. Sure, he'll make a few, but he shot 2 airballs from 3.
Like Reply
(03-03-2024, 03:21 PM)GATA Wrote: Kyrie Irving has killed us tonight

If he plays the next game (12th game in a row) this will be his 2nd longest consecutive games streak he has had since 2017. The longest is 13. I think it´s starting to tell.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Jeez what is Cuban talking tot rb refs and now in the huddle at timeout. He is not the owner, can we get a security guard to take the crazy guy off the court. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Mavs will be only a half game up for the 8th spot against a surging Warriors team. What a disaster. This game is nearly a mortal wound. The Mavs have to play the warriors three times still and they have no chance against them in a road play in situation. They’re toast.
Like Reply
Don’t even want to give them credit for the late fight. Hardly mattered. Getting down nearly 20 is the story.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply