Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26)
[Image: GHoft2eW8AAAOBd?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This is a big home stand. Need 2 of 3 to be in good position going forward

After this 3 game stretch the schedule eases up considerably. Especially compared to our peers

We currently have the 23rd rest of season strength of schedule. It will drop after these 3. 19 games would be left.

Of those 19….
DET x2
HOU x2
UTA x2
CHI
SAS
CHA
ATL

^ These 10 are as easy as it gets

The other 9:

GSW x3 - Who knows how much gas they will have left down the stretch with their extra makeup games?

SAC x2 - split them and they don’t matter

OKC x2 - the 1st of these is a back to back after GSW and probably our toughest remaining game. Either way the season series won’t be decided until the last game of the year. That last game could be a big deal or might not even matter

The other games are Denver at home and @MIA

Not bad compared to the brutal schedules for some of the other teams. Mavs the lowest ranked west top 10 team at 23

1. Phoenix
5. Lakers
6. Clippers
10. Wolves
11. New Orleans
15. OKC
16. Sac
20. Denver
22. GSW
23. Mavs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
These games with Sac and GSW will be huge. We can´t afford to drop into a 9/10 vs. Lakers. NBA won´t let them lose in the 1st play-in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
I watched the 2nd half of the Rockets win over Phoenix last night. Young teams like the Rockets who are not tanking can be dangerous and they were last night doing us a favor. They won with defense and VERY timely 3 point shooting. They play with athleticism sprinkled with stupidity.

Devin Booker left the floor and went directly to the locker room with a nasty looking ankle sprain after stepping right on top of his teammates foot. We need to keep jelling together as a team and somehow avoid the injury bug. As for the Lakers we already know how much fun it is to beat an aging Kobe we might as well enjoy beating an aging Lebron. They played well last night as well but lost to Denver anyway.
Like Reply
(03-03-2024, 01:16 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: This is a big home stand. Need 2 of 3 to be in good position going forward

After this 3 game stretch the schedule eases up considerably. Especially compared to our peers

We currently have the 23rd rest of season strength of schedule. It will drop after these 3. 19 games would be left.

Of those 19….
DET x2
HOU x2
UTA x2
CHI
SAS
CHA
ATL

^ These 10 are as easy as it gets

The other 9:

GSW x3 - Who knows how much gas they will have left down the stretch with their extra makeup games?

SAC x2 - split them and they don’t matter

OKC x2 - the 1st of these is a back to back after GSW and probably our toughest remaining game. Either way the season series won’t be decided until the last game of the year. That last game could be a big deal or might not even matter

The other games are Denver at home and @MIA

Not bad compared to the brutal schedules for some of the other teams. Mavs the lowest ranked west top 10 team at 23

1. Phoenix
5. Lakers
6. Clippers
10. Wolves
11. New Orleans
15. OKC
16. Sac
20. Denver
22. GSW
23. Mavs

I get what you're saying, but there are no EASY games in the NBA. As soon as you take on that mindset, you'll lose.
Like Reply
Smart start. I think this should be more of an emphasis. Run the early offense for Lively, Green and Washington to get them involved and build confidence in their shots, cause they´ll need it later.
Like Reply
Now too much loose uptempo play. Not a fan of this style. I think Kidd wants to push the pace to cover for coaching deficiencies. Mavs will win today though. A loss would be catastrophic. It’s must win time.
Like Reply
DJJ came to play
Like Reply
Maxey is a blur.
Like Reply
Let me just say I never wanted Daniel "Grant on speed decline" Gafford. [Image: giphy.gif] Big Grin
Like Reply
Luka got clobbered by Oubre on that drive.
Like Reply
Perimeter defense will be this teams downfall. No ball movement
Like Reply
Up by 11, down 10.
Like Reply
Hardaway -12
Like Reply
Kyrie has been forcing things too much the last few games. Not in rhythm.
Like Reply
Can Midd adjust at all when someone is going off? Had his best perimeter defenders on the bench during that run. Maxi is a worthless player for the most part unless the Mavs play a team like Utah. THJ is deliberately playing bad to tank the Mavs. It’s the only explanation.
Like Reply
Luka starting to cook
Like Reply
Bench minutes were not good. Gafford struggled and Kyrie and Luka had a rough first quarter. Picking it up now in the second.

Hardaway may be an energy vampire Smile
Like Reply
Lively has to stay away from that foul
Like Reply
I don’t understand how Gafford can be such a great offensive rebounder and such a bad defensive rebounder at the same time.

Luka’s defense has been particularly bad today, so far.

I wonder if he’s actually hurting. The reaction movement on defense does not seem to be there in some very basic ways.
Like Reply