Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Game 60: Dallas Mavericks (34-25) vs Boston Celtics (46-12)
Everyone still complaining about Jalen Brunson leaving. Well this team wouldn't have been bad enough to draft Lively last year if Brunson was on the team. With Wemby and Chet in the conference, Lively is more important for the next 10 years
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Man Lively is good now. Just imagine in 2-3 years…

Love how he is going after more shots since the trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Why is Green on Tatum when PJ is on the floor?
Like Reply
Celtics are just too big from 1-5. Toughest matchup in the league aside from the Nuggets
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Disappointing run by Green. Tatum is really hard to guard but he had his way with Josh there.

Mavs biggest improvement is guarding threes. Need to be better there. Celtics making the shots though and getting great ball movement. Mavs need to guard three better
Like Reply
Luka keeping us in it. Irving is a huge negative on both sides of the floor
Like Reply
Mavs get it to 7 at half. Not bad. This could be a game Celtics push to 20 in the third or Mavs could stick around.

Regardless of the outcome. This is a much better team now.
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 08:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Disappointing run by Green.  Tatum is really hard to guard but he had his way with Josh there.

Mavs biggest improvement is guarding threes.  Need to be better there.  Celtics making the shots though and getting great ball movement.  Mavs need to guard three better

That second foul was ticky tack though. You could argue Tatum initiated the contact.

(03-01-2024, 08:40 PM)GATA Wrote: Luka keeping us in it.  Irving is a huge negative on both sides of the floor

Yeah I thought Kyrie forced up some bad shots. THJ had that bad turnover on the first drive and forced a bad jumper. DJJ had a terrible drive and fall. Need to clean some of that up.
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 08:34 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Celtics are just too big from 1-5. Toughest matchup in the league aside from the Nuggets
This is the biggest argument for upgrading Green. We need a point of attack defender that’s big enough to guard wings. Green has been struggling all game
Like Reply
2-14 for non-Doncic threes. So just shooting 30% instead of 15% for the rest of the team would see us tied at the half. We have an offensive (schemes/talent) problem.
Like Reply
I thought most mavs played well. Kyrie was agressive but his shot wasn’t falling. Not great on defense. Boston just hit their shots. If they make 10 more at near 50% in the second half, they aren’t losing.

I really think this is not a game for Tim. Even if he gets hot. Maybe I am wrong. Felt much better with Exum getting those minutes.
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 08:22 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I might be overreacting, but I think we’re on the track to seriously hamper his development. He has earned a 26-30 mpg role, but since the trade his minutes have been way down. He also hasn’t even played a single second of crunch time since then. Just bad on plenty accounts Imo.

INSANE couple of possessions from Lively. Holy smokes.

He broke his nose and is wearing a mask, which got hit hard Wednesday night. You are overreacting.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
No-look from Luka to Kyrie in transition was poetic.

Just beautiful
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Luka has to just completely take this game over for a shot.
Like Reply
Luka is so good. Such a treat to have a guy who shows up in the biggest games
Like Reply
PJ baby! Starters are holding their own in the 3rd
Like Reply
Transition three point defense needs to be a focus for this team.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Irving is absolutely killing us defensively
Like Reply
Crazy how much firepower they have. Now they’ll just sub in Horford.

(03-01-2024, 08:53 PM)The Jom Wrote: He broke his nose and is wearing a mask, which got hit hard Wednesday night. You are overreacting.

I sure hope you’re right
Like Reply
Get THJ out of the game. I have come to the conclusion he takes so many charges, cause he is so slow moving his feet, he can´t get out of the way. Unfortunately the rest of the time the players just move around him.
Like Reply