Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Game 60: Dallas Mavericks (34-25) vs Boston Celtics (46-12)
[Image: GHg1U9rXwAEjxPc?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Good litmus test for where we are. The starting lineup looks dominant. PJ can guard 1-5. Exum is back. Let’s hit our shots and get a big W
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 11:56 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Good litmus test for where we are. The starting lineup looks dominant. PJ can guard 1-5. Exum is back. Let’s hit our shots and get a big W

A win would be amazing, but Boston is the best team in the league right now and they have way more experience playing with each other. I think people will be happier with realistic expectations. I kind of doubt tonight will be pretty, but it won’t be the end of the world no matter what. 

On the other hand, if they win I plan to overreact dramatically!!
Like Reply
Tough defense from Boston equals 10+ contested, off balance 3's from Timmeh.

Hopefully he has a heater
Like Reply
Luka was questionable yesterday, but I will be surprised if he doesn't play. Luka tends to rise up for these challenges. He also has a long memory. Boston went at him pretty hard last game and it was not one of Luka's better games.

Tough one regardless
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 12:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: A win would be amazing, but Boston is the best team in the league right now and they have way more experience playing with each other. I think people will be happier with realistic expectations. I kind of doubt tonight will be pretty, but it won’t be the end of the world no matter what. 

On the other hand, if they win I plan to overreact dramatically!!

If the Mavs lose today, it's understandable and shouldn't take away from anything so far. Boston is a great team and are one of the favorites for contention.

On the other hand if they win they will win the 2024 NBA championship. No in between.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://x.com/grantafseth/status/1763604...03038?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

Which ankle was bothering Luka again...? Smile

I will say one of these days he's going to break an opposing teams screen and I'm going to die of laughter and love it
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 11:56 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Good litmus test for where we are. The starting lineup looks dominant. PJ can guard 1-5. Exum is back. Let’s hit our shots and get a big W

Anxious to see how PJ handles Tatum. When he gets it going, damn near unguardable.
Like Reply
@MavsPR
Luka Dončić (left ankle sprain & broken nose), Maxi Kleber (nasal fracture) and Dereck Lively II (nasal fracture) will be AVAILABLE tonight against the Celtics.

MavsMuse
@MavsMuse
For the 1st time in 119 days, every single Dallas Maverick is available to play in tonight’s game.
Like Reply
Two touch fouls on Luka. Exactly what the National TV audience tuned in to see…

But no foul on Lively dunk?
Like Reply
Hardaway just sucks the life out of this team
[-] The following 2 users Like GATA's post:
  • SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
Good stretch with Kleber at PF so far
Like Reply
I’ll take -6 after how ugly that was. We just need to keep pace. Boston can’t hit shots all game
Like Reply
Celtics just pose so many mismatches. Really well put together team.

Porzingia has been great for them this year. He is playing like how envisioned he would. Just couldn’t get his body right here. What might have been
Like Reply
Once Lively figures it out it will be fun. He’s just a step off on some of his defensive moves. He has some Bam in him. There’s hope he can play well against 5 out
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Why does it feel like teams are shooting like 70% from three against us?
Like Reply
Hardaway is so tough to watch. Makes a few shots and then he thinks he is Luka. Really don’t need those type of plays any longer with this team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
That Hardaway shot. Get Hardy in the gamr
Like Reply
All the momentum gone after that ill advised Hardaway 3 attempt. This is after all the momentum left after his turnover immediately after checking in. We will be better when Tim is sitting next to Dwight waiving those towels for the winning players
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
(03-01-2024, 08:15 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Once Lively figures it out it will be fun. He’s just a step off on some of his defensive moves. He has some Bam in him. There’s hope he can play well against 5 out

I might be overreacting, but I think we’re on the track to seriously hamper his development. He has earned a 26-30 mpg role, but since the trade his minutes have been way down. He also hasn’t even played a single second of crunch time since then. Just bad on plenty accounts Imo.

INSANE couple of possessions from Lively. Holy smokes.
Like Reply