Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 59: Dallas Mavericks (33-25) vs Toronto Raptors (22-36)
Photo 
(02-28-2024, 09:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What’d we think about Exum? Other than a couple of nice 3’s I don’t remember much, but that might be a good thing.

What? He didn't hit a couple of nice 3s, he had only 3 attempts, one make from 3, another on a good drive (that no one from the team other than Luka and Kyrie can make consistently), just happen to get blocked by a taller defender (who's behind him), and another thru a lane incursion where he was fouled (a quick go-to to the basket just like what Green does, but with more controlled motion).

Exum made the outlet pass the same way Luka found Gafford. That's heads-up play.
Exum saw a cutting Kyrie, made the pass and Ky had the easy 2.
Exum slid in in the lane out of the 2 man action with Kyrie, but Kyrie missed him and decided to take the 3 instead (which missed).

Exum looks a little wobbly to me, his balance is off, but he still navigates screens better than Green in this game.

I would have wanted Exum to be in the closing line-up when the Rapotors were pressing.
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 09:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What’d we think about Exum? Other than a couple of nice 3’s I don’t remember much, but that might be a good thing.

He is just a calming presence out there.  He only takes good shots, plays solid D, can push the pace, handle the ball.  In the fourth, just having another ball handler out there allowed Kyrie to be aggressive scoring.  He is a really good third guard here if he can stay healthy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 09:59 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: 59 foot shot away from feeling real good about this road trip.  The Boston game would be house money.  Ugh!

Totally agree.

Boston is probably going to be a loss, so the record won’t look pretty, but in my opinion, the culprit was more about the lackluster preparation and effort on both ends of the court against Indiana than what happened last night. That’s the one they really needed to have. Winning that one would have allowed us to be pleasantly surprised by the level of play last night, despite the gut-wrenching loss.
Like Reply
Lovely gave up several baskets to Poetl. Not saying Lively was bad on those plays either. Tonight is how I envision him though. He was just going after everything. I hope that continues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I think it’s important we recognize that our Mavs just handled business with ease on the road, in Canada, on the second night of a back to back. Sure, Toronto isn’t what they used to be, but still… This represents growth in my book.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, michaeltex, Scott41theMavs, Smitty, WillE
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 10:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it’s important we recognize that our Mavs just handled business with ease on the road, in Canada, on the second night of a back to back. Sure, Toronto isn’t what they used to be, but still… This represents growth in my book.

Actually, Toronto's starting five consists of some rather promising young players - Quickley, Barnes, Barrett, Trent Jr., and Poeltl. They just don't have a bench, and Barnes is the only one promising enough to be a bona fide star.
Like Reply
Raptors are plenty talented. I would take at least 2 of
their starters over ours
Like Reply
Got some help from Denver and Indy tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great win in a game that was not easy to be won at all. Kudos to the team providing energy in a must win game.

Even with three not falling greatly, Mavs were still dominating offensively and played good enough defense
Like Reply