Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 59: Dallas Mavericks (33-25) vs Toronto Raptors (22-36)
[Image: GHbbfyVWQAA78vR?format=jpg&name=medium]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUKA!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
Dante Exum probable tonight
[-] The following 3 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth
Luka Doncic (broken nose), Dante Exum (right knee bursitis), and Dereck Lively II (nasal fracture) are available to play against the Toronto Raptors.

The Dallas Mavericks ruled out Maxi Kleber (right small toe dislocation & nasal fracture).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Someone on Toronto will go off from three...my guess is Gradey Dick or RJ Barrett. If Kidd goes 0-2 vs. the Raptors coach who Luka knows pretty well, it won't look good for Kidd!
Like Reply
Dick has been on a heater as of late. I won't be surprised if he has a good game
Like Reply
Hardaway 1 minute -5
Like Reply
Not a great start from Gafford. He needs to play well tonight, with Kleber out. Otherwise, Kidd is going to give Powell some of his time and people will lose their minds.
Like Reply
Pj Washington is a STUD, my dudes. He DEFENDS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Gafford looks good tonight.
Like Reply
The thing Gafford brings to the table is offensive rebounding. It’s so fun when it works.
Like Reply
Gafford and PJ. Cha-ching.
Like Reply
I just don’t like Gafford’s game on defense.
Like Reply
Gafford has been fine. Tim on the other hand…
Like Reply
Exum game high +7 in Q1
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 08:11 PM)Smitty Wrote: Gafford has been fine. Tim on the other hand…

if you count losing his man in transition four or five times fine, then your definition differs from my own. He was better than fine on the offensive glass, I’ll give you that. 

The thing is, transition defense is more important and going for offense of rebounds hurts that.

And how can he be so good on the offensive glass and so not good on the defensive glass? It’s a mystery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 08:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: if you count losing his man in transition four or five times fine, then your definition differs from my own. He was better than fine on the offensive glass, I’ll give you that. 

The thing is, transition defense is more important and going for offense of rebounds hurts that.

And how can he be so good on the offensive glass and so not good on the defensive glass? It’s a mystery.

I assume you’re talking about Tim missing his man and rotations. Either way Gaffor at least provides some positives. Hardaway 25% and does nothing else.
Like Reply
(02-28-2024, 08:17 PM)Smitty Wrote: I assume you’re talking about Tim missing his man and rotations. Either way Gaffor at least provides some positives. Hardaway 25% and does nothing else.

They don’t play the same position, so that isn’t a germane point. I actually think Hardaway has looked a bit better tonight, but still not great. Not talking about him at all. 

Talking about the growing mountain of evidence that Gafford is not even the second best center on the team. I don’t even dislike him, I just dislike giving up that pic and paying him so much. They didn’t need him at all. Now, if Kleber gets hurt again…different story.
Like Reply
I agree with your Gafford take for the most part.
Like Reply
Hardaway is awful again tonight. Where is Hardy?
Like Reply
Absolutely great post defense from Hardaway, aided by some good help defense from Green, and Gafford can’t get the rebound to end the possession.
Like Reply