Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game 58: Dallas Mavericks (33-24) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (37-19)
(02-27-2024, 09:18 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Maybe it's just time to accept that we are just a play in team.

****, man.

Seriously? This is the second best team in the Eastern conference and the Mavericks outplayed them.

I know it’s a demoralizing loss, but they actually looked like the better team to me.
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Super dumb to have a turnover like that, but at least he made up for it with a three on the next possession.

You jinxed it!

I didn't jinx nothing. They had a eight pt lead.
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:18 PM)GATA Wrote: Guy hit a contested sixty footer.  Nothing to be done about that

Eh that was not contested. I full on stepped into a three point heave from his chest. If it was contested it gets block. Don´t confuse that alibi defense as a contest.
Like Reply
Careless Kyrie was the turning point.

Cavs caught fire late, it happens.
Still blaming Kidd though for the THJ minutes in Q4.
THJ way too long in Q4, gets blown by easily, Mavs interior had to compensate, leading to a collapsing Mavs inside to open 3s from kickouts.
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I didn't jinx nothing. They had an eight pt lead.

And they lost!
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:20 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: PJ kept flexing lol but he was actually away from the play. I think Luka did a solid job contesting. Just a crazy buzzer beater going in.

Well then Luka might have caught my stray bullet. Somebody messed up badly. In 2.6 seconds full court the inbounds player is useless so in a 5 on 4 defensive situation, you cannot give up such a shot.
Like Reply
Proud of the way we played the end of that game but in incredible pain at the same time. I hope Cleveland is having fun but the better team lost both of these 2 games against them this year.

We need to take it out on Toronto and then Boston.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seriously? This is the second best team in the Eastern conference and the Mavericks outplayed them.

I know it’s a demoralizing loss, but they actually looked like the better team to me.

Probably the better team on paper.
But playing wise -- they aren't the better team.
They just have the best player.
Like Reply
Mavs season is circling the drain after this one. I truly feel sorry for Luka having to play his prime with this inept coaching staff. But he doesn’t even known it, unfortunately. But that was an all time great game he played tonight. Mavs are in tremendous jeopardy of an 0-4 road trip, which will sink their season. The coach is just so horrible. He’s horrible.
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: And they lost!

They need more than just Kyrie and Luka scoring all the points to beat the good teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BolsDamols
Like Reply
Well don’t lose sleep over this. Just an amazing shot. Mavs played well but a little uneven. No offense besides Luka and Kyrie going god mode. I would like my coach to fight for his players when several calls go against them late. He pretty much had his hands in his pocket.

I too had some questions about the rotation but I will save them. Just an amazing performance by Strus
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The way Mavs managed to lose this one was a work of art. Unbelievable...

Still Mavs did play a good game on the wings of its stars. Cavs shot unrealistic 50 % from three on 40 attempts and Mavs almost won it. I was really frustrated by blown transition opportunities in the first half by THJ (blocked by Strus), DJJ and I think Maxi. As if some of those non Luka/Kyrie guys forgot how to play basketball.
Like Reply
What a choke job...this could be the road trip that costs Kidd his job when we look back in May!
Like Reply
Every game, if you count up the 5 or 6 dumbest plays, the Mavs always commit at least 90% of them. They are such an imbecilic, low IQ team. And it starts with the coach.
Like Reply
As others have said, I dont think the your turn - my turn Kyrie and Luka does will be sustainable against very good teams.

If Luka did not went nuclear in the 2nd, its probably a blowout.

Hate to blame Luka because he was the one carrying the Mavs, but those early Strus's 3s where due to his defense, he keeps losing Struss on screens. But I give him a pass because of what he had to do just for the Mavs to be in this game.

Mitchell bank 3, struss 60 footer - Mavs were never meant to win this game, I guess.

One poster said it but I think its time to accept Mavs fortunes will be decided in the play in.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • donzingis38, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:27 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: What a choke job...this could be the road trip that costs Kidd his job when we look back in May!

Why didn't he call a timeout after that out of bounds mistake and two threes in a row? Cavs made two more threes before he finally took it.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Btw, at least we still have our coaches' challenge saved for the next game. Win!
[-] The following 3 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:23 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Well then Luka might have caught my stray bullet. Somebody messed up badly. In 2.6 seconds full court the inbounds player is useless so in a 5 on 4 defensive situation, you cannot give up such a shot.

8.1  Tim Hardaway Jr. enters the game for Josh Green

I would nearly bet money Mavs win if Green is on the floor for that last poss. A little pressure, and its likely over.

Make Strus shift to the side, and its over. He ain't hitting that. Straight line position was the problem. If he has to go sideways once, its likely over. Not enough time to pass, and he has to throw up a wild shot, and can't properly aim.
Like Reply
Big picture, Cleveland is good and we played them even on their home court.

Small picture, gut wrenching loss.

Hopefully Exum is back this week and can stay healthy and we never have to see THJ play another minute in a Mavs jersey.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, rocky164
Like Reply
(02-27-2024, 09:27 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: What a choke job...this could be the road trip that costs Kidd his job when we look back in May!

Please be true.  A silver lining.  They cannot bring Kidd back. This team just makes so many mental mistakes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply