Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2024 Buyout Watch List
(02-28-2024, 02:43 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://www.nba.com/news/key-dates

According to this, yes.

IIRC the player simply has to be OFF a roster by this date to be playoff eligible. A team can sign a player a day before the playoffs, and the player be eligible, as long as they were not on another roster as of 3/1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
You can add Mike Muscala to the list. Detroit is buying him out.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1762686331325501825
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
@shamscharania

The Atlanta Hawks are waiving guard Patty Mills, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The 15-year veteran is shooting 38.2 percent from 3-point range in a limited role this season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-29-2024, 12:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @shamscharania

The Atlanta Hawks are waiving guard Patty Mills, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The 15-year veteran is shooting 38.2 percent from 3-point range in a limited role this season.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding him, but he shouldn't get minutes over Hardy.
Like Reply
(02-29-2024, 01:14 PM)loki Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to adding him, but he shouldn't get minutes over Hardy.

I'm honestly all aboard the Patty Mills train. He is by far the best guard available. He has the established chemistry with Kyrie from the Brooklyn days. He has the Aussie connection with Green and Exum. 

He's full that heat check role when Timmy is off and can also serve as a facilitator for when we need more of that. 

Basically what we wanted from Dinwiddie.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
I don't think we could find any minutes for Mills, as we already have too many guards as it is. I would be more interested in a shooting big like Muscala.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
[Image: 1762924920638787796_0.jpg?ex=65f3489e&is...385acfad5&]
Like Reply
(02-29-2024, 01:14 PM)loki Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to adding him, but he shouldn't get minutes over Hardy.

Respectfully, I'm not sure whether or not Mills knows how to play defense, but if he does, then that would make this an uproariously ludicrous statement. Luka is in his prime, and we don't know how much longer Kyrie will be. Projects can wait.
Like Reply
Patty Mills...one of my favorite off the bench guys. I just don't think he fits now. At this stage, i don't even think he is as good as Seth Curry. I do think a 5th guard may be needed and I am not sure anyone they pick up may really help, but I think I would look in other directions than Mills.
Like Reply
Marcus Morris bought out.
Like Reply
The Laker Files
@LakerFiles
Spencer Dinwiddie’s first 5 Laker Games:

23 Min, 3 Pts, 2 Asts, 1/5 FG
24 Min, 0 Pts, 1 Ast, 0/6 FG
18 Min, 5 Pts, 3 Asts, 2/6 FG
28 Min, 10 Pts, 4 Asts, 4/6 FG
31 Min, 6 Pts, 7 Asts, 2/6 FG

Rough Start.
Like Reply
(02-29-2024, 01:51 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't think we could find any minutes for Mills, as we already have too many guards as it is. I would be more interested in a shooting big like Muscala.

You're not wrong but I think Exum's injury history and just Timmy's general streakiness has me wanting another vet guard off the bench that can provide something else. Mills can be that imo. 

But speaking to your stretch big idea, Marcus Morris is officially bought out as of 5 minutes ago. He'd be an interesting stretch 4 to come in.

Muscala is also an interesting name but it stands out to me he failed to get minutes on Detroit and Washington. They are desperate for talent anywhere and Muscala still couldn't find the court.
Like Reply
(02-29-2024, 04:06 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Respectfully, I'm not sure whether or not Mills knows how to play defense, but if he does, then that would make this an uproariously ludicrous statement. Luka is in his prime, and we don't know how much longer Kyrie will be. Projects can wait.

Unless I'm missing something it seems like Mills will be out of the league in a year or two. It's not like I'm asking to play Hardy over Mike Conley or Chris Paul. I think he's better than Mills already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Didn’t Mills and Exum beat out Green to start (and play more) for the Aussie nat’l team last summer? We’ve seen first hand how Exum really is that good. I wouldn’t call Mills cooked just yet at age 35.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
@wojespn
ESPN Sources: After clearing waivers, center Mike Muscala plans to sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder for the rest of the season. Muscala — who agreed to a buyout with Detroit — spent 2019-2023 with OKC and returns to bring depth for a postseason run.
Like Reply
@Gambo987
I am not convinced Otto Porter JR will be a buyout candidate. Nothing in the works as of now but that could change. Also a chance he does not play again this season - has only played 23 games the last 2 years. I don't consider him an option for the Suns if he was to be bought out
Like Reply
Shake Milton has been bought out in time from the Pistons - anybody interested in him for our open roster spot?
Like Reply
I remember that one game against Philly where Milton absolutely lit up the Mavs.

He'd be an interesting combo guard but we already have Hardy who Id rather try to find minutes for at this juncture.

The only guard I'm angling for is Mills just because of his shooting ability and prior history with all of our guards sans Luka.

Marcus Morris still is an interesting look for Maxi insurance and just some more size.
Like Reply
(03-02-2024, 11:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I remember that one game against Philly where Milton absolutely lit up the Mavs.

He'd be an interesting combo guard but we already have Hardy who Id rather try to find minutes for at this juncture.

The only guard I'm angling for is Mills just because of his shooting ability and prior history with all of our guards sans Luka.

Marcus Morris still is an interesting look for Maxi insurance and just some more size.

Wolves are signing TJ Warren to a 10-day-contract. Looks like the deal with Morris joining them could be off, doesn’t it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Astute!

https://x.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/176362...05684?s=20

Glen Taylor basically signaling that Morris was too expensive? Out of the rest of the teams I'm pretty sure the Mavs can still pay the most*

(*even with all the complicated rules)
Like Reply