Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2024 Buyout Watch List
(02-11-2024, 10:05 PM)Winter Wrote: Is there any advantage to leaving the spot unfilled?

Competitively? Not necessarily. They could convert AJ Lawsons contract from a 2-way to a full contract if they can't find anyone on the buyout market they like. That would allow Lawson to play past the 50 game limit 2-way guys are imposed and have an ability to play in the playoffs.

I like Lawson, but I still think there are better guys available right now than him that I'd want in a 7 game series.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PatBevPod/status/175...7158433268

M Morris Minny Bound?
Like Reply
Gallinari would be a good option. Could always use extra bench scoring
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 12:43 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Gallinari would be a good option. Could always use extra bench scoring

Out of everyone, his fit and specialized role makes the most sense. He's basically a center now that can't move his feet, but he can still shoot well.

Always loved Gallo. Hated seeing him injure himself against the Mavs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 01:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Out of everyone, his fit and specialized role makes the most sense. He's basically a center now that can't move his feet, but he can still shoot well.

Always loved Gallo. Hated seeing him injure himself against the Mavs.
He’s also the type of guy we could re-sign this summer for the minimum. He also could replicate some of the bench scoring that THJ brings in the event that we move THJ’s contract
Like Reply
Yeah I've changed my preference from Morris. Gallinari would be my first choice now. Just a little bigger/longer and a better shooter. While I like Morris, we already have PJ but we don't have a pure shooting big man like Gallinari who also still has some overall offensive abilities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 03:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Yeah I've changed my preference from Morris. Gallinari would be my first choice now. Just a little bigger/longer and a better shooter. While I like Morris, we already have PJ but we don't have a pure shooting big man like Gallinari who also still has some overall offensive abilities.

More important Gallo is a geniune nice guy that will bring some positive leadership.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 03:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: More important Gallo is a geniune nice guy that will bring some positive leadership.

Methinks I detect some sarcasm.
Like Reply
Speaking of buyout guys:

https://basketnews.com/news-201809-furka...eturn.html

Korkmaz is intent on staying in the NBA.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 04:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Methinks I detect some sarcasm.

Not at all. I´m  100% serious. What makes you say otherwise?
Like Reply
Gallo to the Bucks according to Shams!

We have a knack whoever we talk about in this thread to the Mavs they basically sign the next day with another team.

So I guess I'll emphatically say there is NO shot the Mavs will grab a bought out Marcus Morris or Killian Hayes
Like Reply
Not afraid to jinx it. I want Furk the Turk.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Delon Wright to Miami
Like Reply
Furkan Korkmaz wouldn't be a bad pick-up. Can hit the 3, can bring the ball-up, could play as the secondary ballhandler when Exum isn't available. And he's probably 6'6" so he isn't small can probably play better D than THJ at small forward.
Like Reply
They don't HAVE TO sign anyone. My guess is that they wait and see if there's an injury issue to cover, before making a move, and they might even end up doing nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-16-2024, 08:47 PM)F Gump Wrote: They don't HAVE TO sign anyone. My guess is that they wait and see if there's an injury issue to cover, before making a move, and they might even end up doing nothing.

I hope they'll sign someone.  It's a free opportunity to acquire a talented player for an extended tryout.  

Korkmaz has actually been a good NBA rotation player.  It would be a nice opportunity to see if he can bounce back a bit on this roster.

Killian Hayes has been terrible in the NBA thus far.  There is some potential there though to someday be a decent backup point.  Jason Kidd and Kyrie could both help that kid improve.  

The reason we should take a chance on these players is that they require no assets to acquire.  Decent prospects free of charge. Smart organizations take these opportunities.  Lottery tickets for free are never a bad bet.
Like Reply
(02-16-2024, 08:43 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Furkan Korkmaz wouldn't be a bad pick-up. Can hit the 3, can bring the ball-up, could play as the secondary ballhandler when Exum isn't available. And he's probably 6'6" so he isn't small can probably play better D than THJ at small forward.

6’6.5 with a 6’10 wingspan https://craftednba.com/players/furkan-korkmaz
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
The problem if the Mavs acquire someone is that Kidd may force him into the lineup over players on the roster now who are better. I’m okay going with the kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Jym
Like Reply
(02-17-2024, 12:45 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The problem if the Mavs acquire someone is that Kidd may force him into the lineup over players on the roster now who are better. I’m okay going with the kids.

That's why we should sign a young player from the buyout market. 

I agree if we were to sign a vet, Kidd might place him in the rotation even if he's terrible.  Killian Hayes and Korkmaz would have to earn the minutes.

Between trading Seth and Exum still being out, we have a lack of guard depth right now. We could use another backup guard on the roster. The unoccupied 15th spot will not help us win games.
Like Reply
(02-16-2024, 07:42 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Delon Wright to Miami

Came kind of out of nowhere but it was probably because his agent was working on getting him to a destination. He hasn't really been good all year on a team that's been desperate for some PG play.
Like Reply