Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 52: Dallas Mavericks (28-23) vs New York Knicks (33-18)
Divincenzo has really improved his shooting.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 08:35 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Divincenzo has really improved his shooting.

I had to check the stats after listening to SVG. Over the last five games he is 28/71 from 3. Crazy volume.
Like Reply
Is Green okay? That would suck. What a ridiculous broadcast. It looks like Green is down clutching his knee or something and not a single word?
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
@IanBegley
Free agent guard Spencer Dinwiddie is at MSG for Knicks-Mavs tonight, sitting behind the Dallas bench. The Lakers and Mavericks are among teams Dinwiddie is considering signing with, per league sources.

[Image: 1755760207580234232.jpg?ex=65d7f000&is=6...a1484f681&]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
The trade worked. JB scoreless!
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
If trading for a new big leads to production like this from Kleber and Powell the Mavs should do it more often.

Kleber 4reb 2ast 1stl 3blk
Powell 5pts 4reb 1ast
Like Reply
Kleber has been great tonight. In my opinion, he has looked very good since coming back from this latest injury.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • rocky164, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
I'd definitely love to have Spencer back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Fun game. Impressed by the Knicks fighting. They are going to be a tough out when healthy. They just don’t have the horses tonight.

What is the deal with Luka going early at the end of quarters. Third or 4th time he has do this and has resulted in us losing pojnts
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Trust the Mavs to turn it into a close game. Knicks have no bigs and the Mavs are allowing a 6'1 guard to grab four offensive boards.
Like Reply
Ha. Hardaway a mix of equally amounts of impressive and unbelievable frustrating plays
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 09:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ha.  Hardaway a mix of equally amounts of impressive and unbelievable frustrating plays

The ball watching on defense is driving me crazy. He is the worst culprit. Closely followed by Hardy and Luka. Sometimes Kyrie.
Like Reply
Need all the Luka magic right now. Knicks cannot miss from 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Maxi.. this is why we traded for bigs
Like Reply
At the end of January DiVincenzo decided that from now on he is going to be prime Curry. Maybe Green or Hardy just need to take 15 3s per game.

No show from Kyrie. Super passive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Undermanned Knicks playing tough.
Like Reply
This Knicks team is very annoying to play against
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Next one with an injured nose.
Like Reply
Job well done. Difference could have been higher, but this Knicks team is really fighting. Kudos to them.

Good shooting night and most contributed on offense. Kleber was excellent on defense but his hesitancy on the offensive end was driving me nuts. Also hated the drop coverage, especially in the first half. Good teams will also get a wide open mid range shot if Mavs defend like this.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Chicagojk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 10:23 PM)omahen Wrote: Job well done. Difference could have been higher, but this Knicks team is really fighting. Kudos to them.

Good shooting night and most contributed on offense. Kleber was excellent on defense but his hesitancy on the offensive end was driving me nuts. Also hated the drop coverage, especially in the first half. Good teams will also get a wide open mid range shot if Mavs defend like this.

Yes, Maxi defense is really needed.  I will be interesting to see how we use him when everyone is healthy.   Mavs have a chance to be a big team for most of the game.   I wonder how they mix and match.   If you can match him with a rim protector, the paint defense should be better.
Like Reply