Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie?
Yeah man, I know Marcus Morris is way past his prime but he can come in and be a physical defender for a shift, I like how you put that! Like in hockey. And he can still shoot. 40% from 3 for the season, 38 for his career.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If both of their agents come a knocking, who do you choose? Mavs have nearly 5.5 mil they can offer to either one.

That money whip is not gonna happen for a plethora of reasons.

Their offer(s) will be ROS-minimums. Available role, and fit, and sometimes playoff potential for the team, will be the biggest part of the decisions (both to offer, and accept).
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 06:14 PM)omahen Wrote: If those are the only choices, I would take the vet leader and ring bearer Lowry. Neither would be my first choice, I would rather bring in another wing.

Which one?
Like Reply
Lowry cooked. Morris cooked (and we only need one). Widdie just in a slump and still pretty young. I’ve been going through some data and it seems even his poor play this year hasn’t been as bad as I thought. He’s still very viable and would be an excellent pick up. Really, it’s not even close. I wouldn’t even consider the other two. It’s an incredible stroke of luck that a player of Spencer’s caliber will even be available on the buy out market. Maybe the Mavs are finally catching a break.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply