MavsBoard
Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? (/showthread.php?tid=2889)

Pages: 1 2

Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - SleepingHero - 02-08-2024

If both of their agents come a knocking, who do you choose? Mavs have nearly 5.5 mil they can offer to either one. 

Spencer obviously has played some amazing basketball and knows the system. Lowry is a winner and is ideally a better defender than Dinwiddie.

Spencer is averaging 12/3/6 on 39/32/78!!! 

Lowry wasn't much better:: 8/3.5/4 on 42/38/83

Who would you rather have? 

....Or do we waive Morris and split the 5.5 mil and sign both?  Big Grin

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - dirkfansince1998 - 02-08-2024

Lowry to Philly seems like a done deal. Would take him over SD but it's not going to happen.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - DallasMaverick - 02-08-2024

(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If both of their agents come a knocking, who do you choose? Mavs have nearly 5.5 mil they can offer to either one. 

Spencer obviously has played some amazing basketball and knows the system. Lowry is a winner and is ideally a better defender than Dinwiddie.

Spencer is averaging 12/3/6 on 39/32/78!!! 

Lowry wasn't much better:: 8/3.5/4 on 42/38/83

Who would you rather have? 

....Or do we waive Morris and split the 5.5 mil and sign both?  Big Grin

Lowry, because he shoots free throws better.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - BigDirk41 - 02-08-2024

Spencer as a player. Lowry is old and not what he used to be. Lowry as a locker room presence is a different argument. He might be worth that.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - KillerLeft - 02-08-2024

(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Spencer is averaging 12/3/6 on 39/32/78!!! 

He was good here, but that's pretty scary.

(02-08-2024, 04:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He was good here, but that's pretty scary.

Prior to his first stint with the Mavs he was shooting 37% from the field, 31% from 3. Averaging 13/5/6.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - SleepingHero - 02-08-2024

(02-08-2024, 03:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lowry to Philly seems like a done deal. Would take him over SD but it's not going to happen.

Money is a powerful motivator. I agree that it's essentially done, but if Embiid is out for the rest of the year, and the Mavs come knocking with a larger contract and a better chance in the playoffs, is that not more appealing?

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - MrGoat - 02-08-2024

Spencer is basically a less efficient Exum who doesn't play defense but is available more often. Kyle Lowry came to America on the Mayflower though, so I'd still prefer Spencer

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - ItsGoTime - 02-08-2024

Or unite the Twins?

(02-08-2024, 04:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Money is a powerful motivator. I agree that it's essentially done, but if Embiid is out for the rest of the year, and the Mavs come knocking with a larger contract and a better chance in the playoffs, is that not more appealing?

Is Embid for sure out the year? I saw a minimum of 4 weeks initially after his repair.

(02-08-2024, 04:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Money is a powerful motivator. I agree that it's essentially done, but if Embiid is out for the rest of the year, and the Mavs come knocking with a larger contract and a better chance in the playoffs, is that not more appealing?

Philly is his hometown. He can reunite with Nick Nurse. 18 seasons in the NBA so even a vet min nets him more than 3m.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - SleepingHero - 02-08-2024

(02-08-2024, 04:14 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Is Embid for sure out the year? I saw a minimum of 4 weeks initially after his repair.

Philly is being unreasonably coy about his surgery and how long he's out.

I've seen 2 docs on twitter basically say if he had a meniscus flap surgery it's a 4-6 month recovery.

If they were able to just remove the affected area and reattach that's more like a 2 month recovery and he could theoretically be back for the playoffs. 

But Philly purposefully didn't say what type of surgery nor provide an accurate timeline. It makes me think he's actually out for 4-6 months but don't want to say it

(02-08-2024, 04:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Philly is being unreasonably coy about his surgery and how long he's out.

I've seen 2 docs on twitter basically say if he had a meniscus flap surgery it's a 4-6 month recovery.

If they were able to just remove the affected area and reattach that's more like a 2 month recovery and he could theoretically be back for the playoffs. 

But Philly purposefully didn't say what type of surgery nor provide an accurate timeline. It makes me think he's actually out for 4-6 months but don't want to say it

Oh wow. Thanks for the response. Definitely doesn't sound good.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - HoosierDaddyKid - 02-08-2024

Lowry is a better fit in Philly for me. He played for Nurse.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - omahen - 02-08-2024

If those are the only choices, I would take the vet leader and ring bearer Lowry. Neither would be my first choice, I would rather bring in another wing.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - SwisherPrice - 02-08-2024

Neither would be ideal! Plus both will be pursued by their hometown teams (Philly and LA) so it will be hard to win them over. Let's wait it out and see who else will be available

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - ItsGoTime - 02-08-2024

(02-08-2024, 06:14 PM)omahen Wrote: If those are the only choices, I would take the vet leader and ring bearer Lowry. Neither would be my first choice, I would rather bring in another wing.
Markus Morris is my nonSD prediction. Unite the twins!

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - MFFL - 02-08-2024

I like the fact that Dinwiddie was sitting with the Mavs tonight and even talked with Cuban. I think we are in the drivers seat here.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 02-08-2024

Love me some Din. Great Exum insurance. Guaranteed to hit at least one clutch playoff shot that swings a game our way. If not, Marcus Morris can play spot minutes and hit an open shot. He’s a vet. Team would probably love having both Morris twins. Happy either way.

RE: Kyle Lowry or Spencer Dinwiddie? - The Jom - 02-09-2024

I would not mind watching Marcus Morris take a couple of shifts defending Kawhi in the playoffs. That said, give me Widdie or give me death.