Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: PJ Washington+ 2 2nds To DAL | G. Williams+ Curry+ 2027 FRP (top 2 protected)
(03-21-2024, 04:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Interesting.  I have been impressed with everything besides shooting.  I have no confidence when he rises up to shoot.   Have you noticed that little bunny hop thing he does when he catches the ball.  I wonder if that is something they try to eliminate.  I have no idea....maybe that is fine.

Gordon has mentioned in the past, but I was thinking the other day what about Shawn Marion.  I had mentioned Dallas had to find their Marion.   Could that be a comparison as well.  Marion fell into a support role but could guard mulitple positions.   Maybe if we could get PJ more touches inside he could score similar ways.   Marion had a nice quick shot in the lane.   PJ has the push shot.   In 2011 Marion was 12.5 points per game on 10 shots per game.  He also averaged 7 rebounds.    Could PJ do this with good defense?   

If so, you can start to see maybe the team morphing into that 2011 team.   They just need another good move and time for the guys to learn to play off each other and be connected.  That usually takes time.

I’ve seen PJ shoot well so I’m not actually concerned yet. Slumps happen and he is a streaky shooter much like THJ.

WHEN his outside shot starts falling (PLAYOFFS) then we’re all going to be ecstatic with PJ’s fit on BOTH ends!

Just think, if PJ and THJ break out of their slumps in a few weeks, playoff time, it could lead to some of that 2011 stuff you mentioned.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply