Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: PJ Washington+ 2 2nds To DAL | G. Williams+ Curry+ 2027 FRP (top 2 protected)
Charlotte is trading PJ Washington for package around Grant, Williams, Seth Curry, and a lightly protected 2027, first round pick
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Poor Seth.

I'm still not 100% sold on PJ in the starting lineup. It's certainly an upgrade though. Thankfully they were smart enough to keep Green.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Charlotte is trading PJ Washington for package around Grant, Williams, Seth Curry, and a lightly protected 2027, first round pick

Curry goes back home. Maybe he’ll get more PT in Charlotte.

With Hayward gone, GWill gets some of his minutes?

(02-08-2024, 01:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Charlotte is trading PJ Washington for package around Grant, Williams, Seth Curry, and a lightly protected 2027, first round pick

Dallas gets a 2nd from Charlotte to send to Washington for Gafford?
Like Reply
I don't like it. We gave a 2030 pick swap to the Spurs to help acquire Williams and now we use a top 2 protected first round pick to pick up a forward only one inch taller than Grant who's shooting 32% from deep. We were better off waiting for the pick to convey to the Knicks so we could do something more substantial in the offseason

Kidd better be willing to play Gafford over Powell
Like Reply
Giving a first is not ideal but getting two seconds back was very nice
Like Reply
I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy looking at the roster today compared to the roster yesterday.
[-] The following 3 users Like Winter's post:
  • Dova, Smitty, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:15 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Curry goes back home. Maybe he’ll get more PT in Charlotte.

With Hayward gone, GWill gets some of his minutes?

Dallas gets a 2nd from Charlotte to send to Washington for Gafford?

So, what is the OKC part of this?

What is the swap part I'm seeing.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:20 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I don't like it. We gave a 2030 pick swap to the Spurs to help acquire Williams and now we use a top 2 protected first round pick to pick up a forward only one inch taller than Grant who's shooting 32% from deep. We were better off waiting for the pick to convey to the Knicks so we could do something more substantial in the offseason

Kidd better be willing to play Gafford over Powell

I share your disdain for the swap that acquired Williams AND this pick (top 2 protected is a huge YUCK)…. but I am confident that people are going to like PJ Washington once he gets acclimated here. 

He can dribble, he can create shots, he can be a great catch and shoot player, and I personally believe there is a good defensive player in there somewhere. This deal isn’t ideal because of the high cost, but it’s much better than the higher cost to bring in Kuzma would have been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:27 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy looking at the roster today compared to the roster yesterday.

Good news. The guys they added are young and not on expiring deals so they shouldn't lose value. On the other hand. They gave up a pick swap for GWill only to trade him not even one year into his contract. They also lost the chance to make a bigger move in the coming offseason.
Like Reply
Very happy! Offense will be this team's best defense and they finally have a SF/PF who can score.
Like Reply
He’ll obviously help a lot at a position of need but we’ve also moved away yet another 1st round pick. They have essentially no safety net now if things go south. They owe a 1st for each of KP, Kyrie, PJ and on top of that an unprotected pick swap to the Spurs from the Grant SnT

Risky to say the least.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:38 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: He’ll obviously help a lot at a position of need but we’ve also moved away yet another 1st round pick. They have essentially no safety net now if things go south. They owe a 1st for each of KP, Kyrie, PJ and on top of that an unprotected pick swap to the Spurs from the Grant SnT

Risky to say the least.

This is why many of us were in favor of standing pat. But, at least they didn’t overpay for Kuzma. Keeping all of the young, cheap guys was something, at least.

O-Max, Green and Hardy will all have to play a major role going forward, whether that is developing into idealized rotation players or developing into trade assets.
Like Reply
Wrong thread
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:27 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy looking at the roster today compared to the roster yesterday.

It’s just received a big upgrade. OTOH NBA roster building is a lot more complicated than that. They have lost A LOT of firepower for future transactions.

I hope they aren’t done and will move on from THjr. We’d be selling high for once, Grant otoh was basically dumped at the absolute lowest point.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is why many of us were in favor of standing pat. But, at least they didn’t overpay for Kuzma. Keeping all of the young, cheap guys was something, at least.

O-Max, Green and Hardy will all have to play a major role going forward, whether that is developing into idealized rotation players or developing into trade assets.

We got younger and more athletic, no dead weight in the rotation, and all the recent players we've invested in - we kept (Hardy, Green, Omax).
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Good news. The guys they added are young and not on expiring deals so they shouldn't lose value. On the other hand. They gave up a pick swap for GWill only to trade him not even one year into his contract. They also lost the chance to make a bigger move in the coming offseason.

They will still have two firsts and better contracts to trade.  Their trading power might be a little weaker, but by less than a first.
Like Reply
PJ’s actual performance has been pretty inconsistent and poor (though he kills Dallas) but he has far more potential than Grant. It’s a risky trade but at least it’s aggressive and win now. Hopefully he can dial back and become an efficient player now that he’s on a good team.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:38 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: He’ll obviously help a lot at a position of need but we’ve also moved away yet another 1st round pick. They have essentially no safety net now if things go south. They owe a 1st for each of KP, Kyrie, PJ and on top of that an unprotected pick swap to the Spurs from the Grant SnT

Risky to say the least.

Let's face it, the safety net is that if none of this works then the team gets blown up in the next couple of years if Luka decides he wants out.  I don't love giving up the draft picks, but some of the guys they have on the roster could net draft capital back if they have to tear it down and trade everybody.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:00 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: PJ’s actual performance has been pretty inconsistent and poor (though he kills Dallas) but he has far more potential than Grant. It’s a risky trade but at least it’s aggressive and win now. Hopefully he can dial back and become an efficient player now that he’s on a good team.

I think part of what is causing his down year is that he just did not want to end up back in Charlotte, but had no choice over the summer. I kind of expect him to be excited about being in Dallas, especially since that seems to be what he tried to accomplish over the summer.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think part of what is causing his down year is that he just did not want to end up back in Charlotte, but had no choice over the summer. I kind of expect him to be excited about being in Dallas, especially since that seems to be what he tried to accomplish over the summer.

He'll also get the typical benefit of a lot of open looks playing next to Luka and Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply