Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Daniel Gafford to DAL | Holmes +FRP to WAS | OKC pickswap
I did get a chuckle out of Jason Kidd's post game news conference last night. He was asked if Washington and Gafford will play Saturday. He gave the standard answer of they have to pass their physical and then yes if so. Then he went into explaining them having to learn their plays and how they play. He said they would try to keep it simple for them. Am I missing something because all I see is Luka and Kyrie make a play each time down while everyone else are catch and shoot players. There is no scheme. It's pickup ball with possibly the greatest offensive player ever leading the way.

He said they would have to watch a lot of tape..lol
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ballsrchr, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-09-2024, 12:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@GrantAfseth)
Luka Doncic on trade additions of P.J. Washington and Daniel Gafford: "I think we've got two really good players. We added some size to our team. We add a backup center, which I wanted [for] like three years already. So, I think both players really going to help us out a lot."

Ooooo, so even Luka does not think that Dwight Powell is a good starting or backup Center. That is straight from the horse's mouth too, lol. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1757194...79160?s=20

Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
I asked Wizards head coach Brian Keefe about Daniel Gafford off the floor:

“He’s a terrific guy. A family guy. Got a really bright personality. Kind to everybody, I think you guys will really enjoy him in this organization and in Dallas.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Wizards head coach Brian Keefe on Daniel Gafford:

“We miss him. We’re happy that he’s a little bit closer to home…He was the anchor of our defense. Put a log of pressure on the rim with rim rolling…He showed great improvement.”

Says his defense and lob ability will help Mavs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I mainly watched highlights of Gafford mainly. One of the things I have been pleasantly surprised with is his touch. Even his misses feel like he is showing nice touch. He also has had two and ones where he pump fakes and goes up strong with nice touch. If Exum gets healthy, I think Gaffford will play well with him too as Exum really pushes the pace.

Gafford is a career 67% free throw shooter but his shot looks good so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
There's a lot to like about Gafford. When he blocks out, he'll spread his legs wide and throw his arms straight out laterally. Standard stuff really, but this is a broad-shouldered guy who is really strong. Most guys can't get around those arms. Plus, unlike a lot centers, he's got some real lift in his legs.

I watched him a little at Arkansas. He followed Bobby Portis by a couple of years, but they are a lot alike. Portis has developed a good outside shot that I doubt Gafford can replicate, but Gafford looks now like a little better player under the basket.
Like Reply
Like Reply
The Mavs slaughtered the Wizards in this trade. What could they have been thinking? Anyway, thank you Wiz.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I have just a few questions: 

How dumb are some agents?

You think Gafford and Lively are getting paid on their next deals?

Or are the Mavs the dummies that thought Dwight Powell was the answer and never approached all these guys?

I have to think as an good agent would advise Goga to sign a short-term contract with Luka rather than Fultz.
Like Reply