Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Daniel Gafford to DAL | Holmes +FRP to WAS | OKC pickswap
@wojespn
The Washington Wizards are nearing a deal to send Daniel Gafford to the Dallas Mavericks for Richaun Holmes and draft compensation, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Let’s go Mavs!!!!!
Like Reply
MAVS GET GAFFORD! I AM SO HYPED!

Taking a while to figure out the draft compensation. Is there another trade coming? As long as its not the 2027 first I am happy.

IF DENI IS INCLUDED I'D FLIP MY TABLE OUT OF JOY
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Depending on the draft compensation this could be the best/worst deal of the day. 2 2nds for a backup that could start on a number of teams. Or a first for a backup that isn't going to play more than 15-20 minutes.
Like Reply
Hopefully draft pick comp is not too much!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
Cautiously optimistic about this… I want to see what “draft capital” means… If it’s a second, I am good.

Plus, the way this is announced leads me to believe that Kuzma is a concept of the past, which has me jumping for joy.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Depending on the draft compensation this could be the best/worst deal of the day. 2 2nds for a backup that could start on a number of teams. Or a first for a backup that isn't going to play more than 15-20 minutes.

How much of the draft compensation is to acquire Gafford, and how much to dump Holmes?
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I’m a little scared at draft compensation because of Holmes inclusion.
Like Reply
Hopeful it’s the 2nds and a pick swap
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Depending on the draft compensation this could be the best/worst deal of the day. 2 2nds for a backup that could start on a number of teams. Or a first for a backup that isn't going to play more than 15-20 minutes.

Pretty much.

Lets hope Nico values the 2027.
Like Reply
Anxiously awaiting news on what 'draft capital' means.  Can keep defensive rim running center on the floor for 48 minutes and the playoffs don't depend on Lively staying out of foul trouble.  I'm guessing I won't be hearing from the people who told me in recent months that paying $12mm for a backup center was stupid.

Bobby Marks
@BobbyMarks42
Holmes- $12M and $12.9M (Player)

Gafford- $12.4M, $13.4M, $14.4M
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
If the Mavericks believe in Kleber more than this board does, this could be an answer to the power forward spot, too. As in that is where Kleber will play most of his minutes moving forward.
[-] The following 7 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, khaled1987, mvossman, Reunion Mav, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
Also means that the Mavs are all in on drop defense. Not exactly a reason to celebrate.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:32 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Anxiously awaiting news on what 'draft capital' means.  Can keep defensive rim running center on the floor for 48 minutes and the playoffs don't depend on Lively staying out of foul trouble.  I'm guessing I won't be hearing from the people who told me in recent months that paying $12mm for a backup center was stupid.

Bobby Marks
@BobbyMarks42

I do think it’s kind of stupid, sure. And I think it will be monumentally stupid if they pay the first round pick to do this. Still, if it’s a second round pick, there were rumors that would have been worse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • GATA
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:33 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Also means that the Mavs are all in on drop defense. Not exactly a reason to celebrate.

Mavs still have Maxi if they want to go switch heavy. 

And if GW could ever lose the weight they can still play small.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:32 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Anxiously awaiting news on what 'draft capital' means.  Can keep defensive rim running center on the floor for 48 minutes and the playoffs don't depend on Lively staying out of foul trouble.  I'm guessing I won't be hearing from the people who told me in recent months that paying $12mm for a backup center was stupid.

Bobby Marks
@BobbyMarks42

Mavs agreeing with you doesn't mean that it is a good move. Could still be stupid. Lets hope that it works out.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:34 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I do think it’s kind of stupid, sure. And I think it will be monumentally stupid if they pay the first round pick to do this. Still, if it’s a second round pick, there were rumors that would have been worse.

I've subjected myself to 6 Washington games and Gafford was a menace in every single one.

I feel like as soon as you see him play you'll fall in love with his motor.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:33 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Also means that the Mavs are all in on drop defense. Not exactly a reason to celebrate.

Totally agree, this is not what I would’ve done, personally. But, again, depending on the draft capital, this could’ve been a lot worse.
Like Reply
Josh Bowe (@Boweman55)
daniel gafford is scoring 1.43 points per possession as the roll man in the pick and roll this season, 89.8 percentile in the league. he's shooting 73 percent on said plays.

the mavericks can now roll a full game with two athletic, dominant rim runners with lively and gafford.

Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
Addition of Daniel Gafford provides the Mavs another quality lob threat and rim protector. Dallas has gone 22-14 with rookie Dereck Lively II in the lineup and 6-9 in games that he has missed.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:34 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs still have Maxi if they want to go switch heavy. 

And if GW could ever lose the weight they can still play small.

If that is the plan they wouldn't have given up assets to add another drop big. One out of Gafford/Lively is going to be on the floor at all times. Would be crazy to trade for Gafford if that isn't the plan.
Like Reply