(02-08-2024, 01:28 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Yes. Big deal to keep Green

Lively/Gafford
PJ/Maxi
Green/DJJ
Kyrie/THJ
Luka/Exum 

That’s a solid 10 man rotation

Lively, Gafford, PJ, Green, Luka, Omax…..really solid group of young players 

Could still package two FRP’s with THJ/Hardy in the offseason for a final missing piece

LeBron?  Sad
Like Reply
I haven't seen Gafford play, but I see he has good stats and a good shot blocker. Is he for sure the backup to Lively or is that up for debate as to who starts?
Like Reply
I'm sure he won't start, but he will play heavy minutes. He's playing 26 mpg this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Just a thought…

IF the Dallas ’27 pick goes to OKC for a ‘24 and a 27 swap, then the 24 goes to Wash and the swapped 27 goes to Charlotte. Dallas might have to lighten protections on the previous pick owed to OKC
Like Reply
Lively's going to go all in on rim protection knowing there's someone to cover for him if he gets into foul trouble.
Same goes for Gafford.

I'm not sure who starts though, maybe it would Lively in the beginning, but there's no telling how good Gafford would be when paired with Luka and Kyrie. Methinks his stats will be at an all time high once he gets acclimated with the 3 PGs (including Exum).
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:37 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm sure he won't start, but he will play heavy minutes. He's playing 26 mpg this year.

Oh for sure. The mavs clearly agree with Dan and want 48 minutes of big, rim running center. I don’t think it’s the way I would go with the team, but at least they have a couple of good ones now since that’s the way they want to go.

I think Kleber just became way more 4 than 5 (though he’ll still play some 5 I bet, especially in the playoffs). And, I think Powell just found the spot on the bench you guys have been measuring for him for years. He is officially an insane luxury as a third string, emergency center.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
What is going to OKC to make this happen? Hardy? Powell?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:51 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: What is going to OKC to make this happen? Hardy? Powell?

My guess would be the two Charlotte SRP. Basically trading a late first for a high second and another SRP
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Yeah I think Powell is done except for spot minutes or filling in during injuries.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think Kleber just became way more 4 than 5 (though he’ll still some 5 I bet,)especially in the playoffs, And I think Powell just found the spot on the bench you guys have been measuring for him for years. He is officially an insane luxury as a third string, emergency center.

Coach Powell?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:51 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: What is going to OKC to make this happen? Hardy? Powell?

I suspect it will be a 3-way OKC-CHA-DAL. OKC pays 2 2nds to CHA as part of the Hayward buy, and those then land in Dallas in the trade (to lessen the net outlay of the 2027 1st from DAL to CHA).
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:54 PM)Winter Wrote: Coach Powell?

Maybe he can teach some of the younger guys how to use their heads.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Radical Mavs
Like Reply
Great trade. No downside at all. Seems to good to be true.
Like Reply
[Image: image.png?ex=65d79c19&is=65c52719&hm=65a...cee083eb1&]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Love Gafford! Any chance of Dallas trading THJ and 2 seconds for DFS and DSJ?
Like Reply
So, we may have traded a pick swap to OKC
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:44 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Lively's going to go all in on rim protection knowing there's someone to cover for him if he gets into foul trouble.
Same goes for Gafford.

I'm not sure who starts though, maybe it would Lively in the beginning, but there's no telling how good Gafford would be when paired with Luka and Kyrie. Methinks his stats will be at an all time high once he gets acclimated with the 3 PGs (including Exum).

It's definitely still going to be Lively starting. He's a lot longer than Gafford and there's no reason to risk hampering his development
Like Reply
Mavs traded 2028 pick swap to OKC for the 2024 pick that was used to get Gafford. Mavs pick situation, assuming 2024 goes to NY this year.

2024: NY
2025: Dal
2026: Dal
2027: Cha
2028: swap
2029: BKN
2030: swap
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:09 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs traded 2028 pick swap to OKC for the 2024 pick that was used to get Gafford. Mavs pick situation, assuming 2024 goes to NY this year.

2024: NY
2025: Dal
2026: Dal
2027: Cha
2028: swap
2029: BKN
2030: swap

Almost broke.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Almost broke.

Nah man we’ll be even richer this offseason. Plus Ishbia proved you can just keep swapping your little heart out to make things happen so just because we swapped those picks doesn’t mean we still can’t leverage them for fringe moves.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply