Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Daniel Gafford to DAL | Holmes +FRP to WAS | OKC pickswap
I think they will split the 2027 pick with Okc. Sending a bit to Was for Gafford and continue negotiating with Charlotte for PJ. If Charlotte part doesn't work, they keep remaining draft assets
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Dallas in discussions with Nets for Doe Doe. Bring him home
Like Reply
The fact that the details haven't come out yet makes me wonder if this is a classic Mavs fumble the bag situation about to happen. We'll see.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:10 PM)omahen Wrote: I think they will split the 2027 pick with Okc. Sending a bit to Was for Gafford and continue negotiating with Charlotte for PJ. If Charlotte part doesn't work, they keep remaining draft assets

Agreed.  Micic is now reported to be in the Charlotte deal, so money issue solved.

OKC has three firsts and one second in the 24 draft.  So, 2027 unprotected for some of their stuff makes sense.  It consolidates stuff OKC can't use into a potentially valuable pick and Dallas might be getting what it needs to do something else (now or later) and complete the Gafford deal.  Maybe the unprotected LAC pick (currently 26th) and the 40th pick via Houston with the Houston 2nd and our 2025 second going to Washington.
Like Reply
27 seems to be gone. OKC is like a bank. They’re giving us change for our hundred dollar bill
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • omahen, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:28 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: 27 seems to be gone. OKC is like a bank. They’re giving us change for our hundred dollar bill

Well, maybe not...

Ben Rogers
@BenRogers
My sources tell me that after the Gafford deal is done, the Mavs will still have all of the first round picks they currently possess through 2028, I think. My friends that know stuff about basketball, based on my info, think a deal will happen to get a 1st round pick from OKC, and that will go for Gafford.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:29 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Well, maybe not...

Ben Rogers
@BenRogers
My sources tell me that after the Gafford deal is done, the Mavs will still have all of the first round picks they currently possess through 2028, I think. My friends that know stuff about basketball, based on my info, think a deal will happen to get a 1st round pick from OKC, and that will go for Gafford.

Who can get us (what I assume would be a crappy) 1st?  Timmy?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: Who can get us (what I assume would be a crappy) 1st?  Timmy?

Probably not from a team that just traded for Hayward.

Nothing says Ben Rogers knows anything...but he might.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: Who can get us (what I assume would be a crappy) 1st?  Timmy?

Hardy maybe? Omax?

Would they pay us a 1st for a Timmy for Dort swap?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:39 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Hardy maybe? Omax?

Would they pay us a 1st for a Timmy for Dort swap?

More likely that the Mavs would pay a first in this scenario. Maybe OMax/Green for Kenrich Williams.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 12:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: More likely that the Mavs would pay a first in this scenario. Maybe OMax/Green for Kenrich Williams.

Thats ugly for us. Starting to get worried about this Gafford deal happening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
FWIW my sense is that the delay in the Gafford deal is not about that deal itself, but rather about negotiating the other swap they are looking to do (for a PF). Salary matching can be eased if they piggyback one deal onto another, so waiting to submit Gafford deal is an advantage.
[-] The following 4 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Woah.... Protections??? please
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:01 PM)F Gump Wrote: FWIW my sense is that the delay in the Gafford deal is not about that deal itself, but rather about negotiating the other swap they are looking to do (for a PF). Salary matching can be eased if they piggyback one deal onto another, so waiting to submit Gafford deal is an advantage.

so we can assume OKC is in this somehow where they give up draft picks.

And another team brought in so Dallas can get someone else besides Gafford. Presumably Charlotte(P.J.) or Nets (DFS)
Like Reply
Gafford and Washington for 27 seems fair enough
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Smitty
Like Reply
Mavs get two 2nds from Charlotte. I guess that's the missing draft compensation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Depends on the details of the trade, but Gafford always made a lot of sense. It's clear they can't survive over an 82 game season with Lively as the only rim protecting/rebounding big. Going small ball with Maxi is always an option. But now they have the flexibility to play any way they need.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:07 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Gafford and Washington for 27 seems fair enough

I think its great. 

Both will contribute and we are giving up two guys who were doing nothing and one who was playing poorly.  AND, 2027 has some kind of protection.  I'm very happy.

Lively/Gafford/Powell
PJ/Maxi/Morris
Green/DJJ/OMax
Kyrie/THJ/Hardy
Luka/Exum
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, Radical Mavs, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:16 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think its great. 

Both will contribute and we are giving up two guys who were doing nothing and one who was playing poorly.  AND, 2027 has some kind of protection.  I'm very happy.

One of the things the FO made a concerted effort to do was to keep Green. I think that was pretty impressive in itself since that was rumored to be a big ask.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:18 PM)Winter Wrote: One of the things the FO made a concerted effort to do was to keep Green. I think that was pretty impressive in itself since that was rumored to be a big ask.
Yes. Big deal to keep Green

Lively/Gafford
PJ/Maxi
Green/DJJ
Kyrie/THJ
Luka/Exum 

That’s a solid 10 man rotation

Lively, Gafford, PJ, Green, Luka, Omax…..really solid group of young players 

Could still package two FRP’s with THJ/Hardy in the offseason for a final missing piece
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick, mvossman, Radical Mavs
Like Reply