Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Daniel Gafford to DAL | Holmes +FRP to WAS | OKC pickswap
Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob)
Gafford is a pretty good pickup. Really solid NBA Center.

depending on the draft capital sent out (can't imagine its much) this was a nice pickup for sure that will help the Mavs a lot imo.

@teambringit Well they've been abysmal in the non Lively minutes... I would not underestimate the impact of this move.

Even Bobby agrees.

Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
The Mavericks are in the process of trying to acquire the needed draft compensation to furnish Washington to complete its pending deal to acquire Wizards center Daniel Gafford for Richaun Holmes, league sources say.

More NBA from me: http://marcstein.substack.com/

Are they trying to get a 3rd team here?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Super excited about Gafford!

He's a grown up version of Lively. Rim running, rim protection. Seems to be improving his rebounding also.

48 minutes of real center play will be a joy to watch.
Like Reply
What if the Mavs are trying to get GSW to come in with their 2nds and we take in Wiggins while sending them THJ?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:37 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob)
Gafford is a pretty good pickup. Really solid NBA Center.

depending on the draft capital sent out (can't imagine its much) this was a nice pickup for sure that will help the Mavs a lot imo.

@teambringit Well they've been abysmal in the non Lively minutes... I would not underestimate the impact of this move.

Even Bobby agrees.

The Mavericks are in the process of trying to acquire the needed draft compensation to furnish Washington to complete its pending deal to acquire Wizards center Daniel Gafford for Richaun Holmes, league sources say.

More NBA from me: http://marcstein.substack.com/

Are they trying to get a 3rd team here?

Have to be. Something else is going on here.
Like Reply
Dallas has pursued Daniel Gafford dating to last season and, after extensive talks with Washington on various Kyle Kuzma scenarios, pivoted to the pursuit of a Gafford trade for a much-needed infusion of size.

More from me: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/my-thur...son-latest
Like Reply
Makes sense. Two 2nds would be a steal. 2027 1st an overpay. Mavs need to find a deal that adds 1-2 2nds or equal value.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, mvossman
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:33 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Also means that the Mavs are all in on drop defense. Not exactly a reason to celebrate.

But, you also get a block% that has never been worse than the 94th percentile and an O-Reb% that has never been worse than the 90th percentile the last 4 seasons.  Tradeoffs.

I do like Maxi getting minutes at the four (which brings even more size and shot blocking to the floor).  We don't have to do THJ at the four any more, but things get crowded between GWill, DJJ, THJ, Green and Exum for the minutes not taken by Lively/Gafford/Maxi up front and Luka/Kyrie in the backcourt.  One nice thing about having 10 legitimate rotation players is you can trade 2-3 of them this summer in a consolidation deal for a star and still field a playoff roster.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, michaeltex, mvossman
Like Reply
Hardaway trade coming soon it feels like
Like Reply
OKC it is. Wonder who we are sending them
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
@nbainsidergoat
Dallas might have something bigger in store with this Gafford deal…

The Mavericks, I’m told, are poised to acquire draft compensation from Oklahoma City that will be to routed to Washington to complete the Richaun Holmes-for-Daniel Gafford swap.

Josh Mazur (@MazurFocus)
I’ve heard the Mavs were waiting for one deal to go through before moving on a trade with the Nets but the trade they just made with Washington makes the trade with Brooklyn seem unnecessary.

You never know though.

I love the NBA trade deadline.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:46 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: But, you also get a block% that has never been worse than the 94th percentile and an O-Reb% that has never been worse than the 90th percentile the last 4 seasons.  Tradeoffs.

I do like Maxi getting minutes at the four (which brings even more size and shot blocking to the floor).  We don't have to do THJ at the four any more, but things get crowded between GWill, DJJ, THJ, Green and Exum for the minutes not taken by Lively/Gafford/Maxi up front and Luka/Kyrie in the backcourt.  One nice thing about having 10 legitimate rotation players is you can trade 2-3 of them this summer in a consolidation deal for a star and still field a playoff roster.

Hassan Whiteside would offer the same numbers. Question is if Lively and Gafford can stay on the floor when it matters or if Kleber will close games when the best teams in the league go 5-out or switch hunt.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:47 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: OKC it is. Wonder who we are sending them

Do you add them into this with the Hayward deal and turn our 2027 into multiple other stuff and end up with PJ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:45 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Makes sense. Two 2nds would be a steal. 2027 1st an overpay. Mavs need to find a deal that adds 1-2 2nds or equal value.

This sounds reasonable to me

Washington + second round picks (re-routed to Washington) to Dallas
Williams + Curry + top 4 protected 2027 to Charlotte

Doncic/Exum
Irving/Hardy
Green/THJ
Washington/Kleber
Lively/Gafford
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:53 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Do you add them into this with the Hayward deal and turn our 2027 into multiple other stuff and end up with PJ?

OOOOOOOOOF
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:53 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Do you add them into this with the Hayward deal and turn our 2027 into multiple other stuff and end up with PJ?

Very possible. Anybody else notice that Tre Mann and Bertans for Hayward doesnt work. CHA has to take back more salary
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

The reported OKC/Charlotte trade doesn't have enough outgoing from OKC, so something more there.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:57 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The reported OKC/Charlotte trade doesn't have enough outgoing from OKC, so something more there.

It was already speculated that Poku was included in the deal, but then CHA would have 1 too many guys.

4 way between CHA, DAL, OKC, WAS makes sense.

Is the 2027 worth Gafford AND PJ?
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:58 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Is the 2027 worth Gafford AND PJ?

Yes, but we'd still better keep Green and OMax.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 11:58 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: It was already speculated that Poku was included in the deal, but then CHA would have 1 too many guys.

4 way between CHA, DAL, OKC, WAS makes sense.

Is the 2027 worth Gafford AND PJ?

Gafford and PJ and getting off Holmes contract?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Bertans coming home maybe. Big Grin 

But yeah feels like the OKC/Charlotte deal will be extended and we get PJ Washington, too.

Also gimme Poku baby.
Like Reply