Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21)
Sorry, everyone, not seeing the love for WCJ.

If they still needed to find a starting center, I'd be into it as an under the radar investment.

But he's too far along to be affordable as a backup 5, and as a 4? No, thanks.

I don't like closing with Green. It's just not his night. I would roll the dice and let Hardy try to close it out. He has been wonderful.

I'm a little uneasy about Williams over Kleber, too, but less so.
Like Reply
Anyone else here?
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 10:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry, everyone, not seeing the love for WCJ.

If they still needed to find a starting center, I'd be into it as an under the radar investment.

But he's too far along to be affordable as a backup 5, and as a 4? No, thanks.

I don't like closing with Green. It's just not his night. I would roll the dice and let Hardy try to close it out. He has been wonderful.

I'm a little uneasy about Williams over Kleber, too, but less so.

Well he broke Lively’s nose so I don’t want him anymore!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Can we please has a win against the SEGABABA visitors?
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 10:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

So far, so good. Green made a decent read on that one (could've done it easier and more comfortably for all involved, but it worked).

Good rebound there, too. Good for Green.

AND THE DRIVE!

Glad Green closed. I was worried for nothing.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 10:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Anyone else here?

I'm afraid to say anything.
Like Reply
Most gangster lob of Luka's season. I was SURE that ball was going to the wing shooter.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 08:31 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Timmy for 30 tonight.

I meant 36.
Like Reply
Mo Thug Wagner
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 10:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Green closing because he’s clutch. Has proven it often!

(01-29-2024, 11:06 PM)Smitty Wrote: Green closing because he’s clutch. Has proven it often!

Some would say the anti-Timmy
Like Reply
This just got closer than it should've. Why not just call a timeout?
Like Reply
Instead of calling a timeout with THJ stuck, Kidd is of course just watching like the rest of us.
[-] The following 7 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, OBX Maverick, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Need both of these, Luka
Like Reply
Jason Kidd is so high he forgot he was the coach
[-] The following 2 users Like Benskix2's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 11:08 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Instead of calling a timeout with THJ stuck, Kidd is of course just watching like the rest of us.

I think he thought it was a foul, like the rest of us.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 11:12 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think he thought it was a foul, like the rest of us.

I didn't see a foul. I saw a player and coach who EXPECTED a foul and hadn't considered any alternative.

Am I INSANE, or is Kidd drawing up an ATO to get the ball in????

I hope this restores some faith.

smart foul. They're shooting too well tonight
Like Reply
Fun game..but stressful. So proud Luka hit those four free throws. Without Kyrie we don’t have a lot of guys to nice a game. He stepped up. Good for Josh too. He was not good tonight but he did not get in his head and had a good basket and assist. That is the Hardy I have been waiting for. He has had some nice assist games lately too. Hardaway is a round peg in a square, but he competes hard. Love him or hate him, you need to give him that.

That magic team has struggled lately but they are internal development and maybe one smart team to being something really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
That was close. Giving Kidd some credit for the defensive adjustment at halftime (finally) but the missed timeout. Whew. That one initiated a series of events nearly leading to a downfall.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I understand that everyone would like us to be better defensively (and offensively) but that's going to be difficult to do when we are missing 3 rotation players. Only 7 players played more than 5 minutes - even playoff rotations aren't usually that tight. Williams played 29 minutes ONLY because there wasn't a healthy body to replace him with.

Its frustrating to come to the board and read all the negative comments about the team. We literally can't play the same players two games in a row because of injuries. It takes time and familiarity to develop roles and this team has zero ability to hit either goal. What you see is a mess because its literally impossible for it to be anything OTHER than a mess.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • KillerLeft, rocky164
Like Reply
(01-30-2024, 12:05 AM)MFFL Wrote: I understand that everyone would like us to be better defensively (and offensively) but that's going to be difficult to do when we are missing 3 rotation players. Only 7 players played more than 5 minutes - even playoff rotations aren't usually that tight. Williams played 29 minutes ONLY because there wasn't a healthy body to replace him with.

Its frustrating to come to the board and read all the negative comments about the team. We literally can't play the same players two games in a row because of injuries. It takes time and familiarity to develop roles and this team has zero ability to hit either goal. What you see is a mess because its literally impossible for it to be anything OTHER than a mess.

[Image: leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif]
Like Reply