Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21)
[Image: GE-td_QWUAAqZO2?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Orlando Magic:

Kyrie Irving - out (right thumb sprain)
Maxi Kleber - probable (right small toe soreness)
Dante Exum - questionable (right knee soreness)
Derrick Jones Jr. - questionable (left wrist sprain)
Dwight Powell - questionable (left eye corneal abrasion)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Chuck Cooperstein (@coopmavs)
Events converging that may help Mavs tonight vs ORL. ORL playing on 2nd of BTB. Mavs have won 11 straight at home vs ORL dating to Jan 2011. And it's Seats for Soldiers night where Mavs are 14-2 all time @KevinGraySports pre at 7. tip w/Brad & me at 7:40 @971TheFreak

Chuck Cooperstein (@coopmavs)
@KevinGraySports @971TheFreak A win would be nice for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that Mavs are just 10-17 vs teams presently at 500+. ORL is just 3-7 in its last 10, but theiwins have come vs NY, MIA & PHX. ORL also just 2-7 on 2nd of BTB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Timmy for 30 tonight.
Like Reply
My bad for crapping on the Issac trade ideas from 2 years ago.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 08:53 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: My bad for crapping on the Issac trade ideas from 2 years ago.

Just tuned in...is he playing well?
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 08:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Just tuned in...is he playing well?

Dude looks like one of the best defenders in the league and denied Luka good looks a couple of times.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 08:53 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: My bad for crapping on the Issac trade ideas from 2 years ago.

He’s healthy … for now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
I think Hardy is making a push to land in the rotation. No idea if it will work, but I'm telling you guys, they are playing him right now, not just because of injuries, but to see if they can live without Hardaway. The injuries are helping his cause too, don't get me wrong.

To my eye, he's looking better than he did to start the season.

(01-29-2024, 08:57 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Dude looks like one of the best defenders in the league and denied Luka good looks a couple of times.

To be totally honest, I don't think his personality is such a great fit for some of the current Mavs. Not sure Irving would appreciate his MAGA hat, lol.

Oh, wow! Looks like Kleber's face has been practicing with Powell's face!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Loving Hardy tonight!!!!

Ugh, Holmes isn't nearly as good at those Gortat screens as Powell is.
Like Reply
"One trick pony" THJ has two paint scores off the dribble...a driving layup and a freaking runner off the glass.
Like Reply
Good team to showcase Hardy to. Need THJ to get hot from deep and Mosley can give us WCJ for em.
Like Reply
Skin's only contributions to these broadcasts seem to be claiming the Mavs deserve foul calls every time they're on offense and that the refs are giving the opponent weak foul calls when the Mavs are on defense.

It's so freaking draining.
Like Reply
About done watching this team, i honestly dont know why i keep watching

Its more the same old crap, cant defend the 3 point line, teams just drive the basket at will

Seth Curry, great 3 point shooter. We get him in the game and get him ZERO looks.

Jason Kidd needs to go and FFS Kyrie is Porzingis 2.0, dude is never healthy.
Like Reply
Hardy's shoes are not reflecting light or absorbing light.

There are no shadows on the shoes or change in texture lines. You cant even see a change in color from fabric to rubber sole.

I see the shiny strip on the heel of the shoe reflecting light...but every thing else looks like a black hole.

Maybe its my TV.

Anyone know what shoe he is wearing?
Like Reply
If this team has a strength and conditioning coach he needs to be fired
Like Reply
Wagner was just SO open under the basket I couldn't tell if it was Luka who lost him or Williams. Carlisle would've called a TO right there and fixed that.
Like Reply
Serious question. Does JKidd even game plan? It just looks like the same crap over and over. Does he make changes based on the opponent?
Like Reply
Kidd is a bum who needs to be fired, he cant coach at all.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:32 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Serious question. Does JKidd even game plan?  It just looks like the same crap over and over. Does he make changes based on the opponent?

I know he factors opponent into his starting lineup decisions, but I haven't seen much evidence of in-game adjustment. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I definitely feel like it's harder to see than it is with some other coaches.

What really sucks about the injuries is that they are actually a legitimate excuse for the team's poor play. Kidd is going to survive at least one more summer, I think.
Like Reply