Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21)
Hardy has been the Mavs' best player in this first half.
Like Reply
Mavs making Orlando look like prime Splash Bros

Im turning this off at half time, and honestly not going to bother watching the next 3

@ Minnesota, Milwaukee, @ Philly, all losses.

I'll get back to watching when we play @ Brooklyn

So tired of this team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dova's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Would have been cool to witness history(?) if Orlando hit that 3.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:41 PM)Dova Wrote: Mavs making Orlando look like prime Splash Bros

Im turning this off at half time, and honestly not going to bother watching the next 3

@ Minnesota, Milwaukee, @ Philly, all losses.

I'll get back to watching when we play @ Brooklyn

So tired of this team

I respect your decisiveness. I'm not there yet, but I think more of us should take breaks instead of just feeding on the negativity. 

Bottom line is that if it's not fun to follow the games, the time investment is just too much.

I just said I think the injuries get Kidd off the hook this year, and I mean that...but on the other hand the team is starting to show a little "give up"...and right about the same time they started losing last year. If that trend continues, maybe it does piss Cuban off enough to take action.
Like Reply
Grant Williams with 11 minutes of cardio. This roster needs a complete overhaul. Cuban played the injury card on social media today - but I hope the FO isn’t that blind, and makes real changes.
Like Reply
These guys don’t really seem to be giving it their all. No defensive effort. Wide open shots. They look like the Washington Generals out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:46 PM)Smitty Wrote: Grant Williams with 11 minutes of cardio. This roster needs a complete overhaul. Cuban played the injury card on social media today - but I hope the FO isn’t that blind, and makes real changes.

I don't think the roster sucks. I think the culture of the team and their competitiveness sucks. 

The roster can ALWAYS be better. But these guys aren't really trying. It starts with Kidd, and honestly, Luka could lead by example a bit better. His conditioning is definitely better this year, but it's still not on Paul George level, Jimmy Butler level, etc. I'm not trying to make it seem like "he's the problem" because that's ridiculous. I do hope that A) he has the potential to elevate his conditioning TWO OR THREE levels above what we've seen since his second season, and B) that someone in the Mavs' organization can help him to realize that potential. 

As great as Luka is, and he is MONUMENTALLY great...he is a PG who can't run the floor. That ain't ideal. 

They need to get a coach in here quickly who can help Luka reach his top level before it's too late.

(01-29-2024, 09:46 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: These guys don’t really seem to be giving it their all. No defensive effort. Wide open shots. They look like the Washington Generals out there.

Seems like open 3's are inevitable with Kidd's defensive approach, so sometimes it's tough to tell if the open 3's are the result of laziness, but in this one it seems obvious. So many cutters and movers getting away from their defender out there tonight. 

How can they be more tired than the team on the 2nd night of a back to back?
Like Reply
I am behind, but get a new coach. Defense is awful. Whatever they are trying to do it is not working. Just brutal. On offense is is all self creation. Nothing else. What is the plan when you don’t have a star?

Luka not playing winning ball tonight. Josh laying a stinker.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think the roster sucks. I think the culture of the team and their competitiveness sucks. 

The roster can ALWAYS be better. But these guys are really trying. It starts with Kidd, and honestly, Luka could lead by example a bit better. His conditioning is definitely better this year, but it's still not on Paul George level, Jimmy Butler level, etc. I'm not trying to make it seem like "he's the problem" because that's ridiculous. I do hope that A) he has the potential to elevate his conditioning TWO OR THREE levels above what we've seen since his second season, and B) that someone in the Mavs' organization is up to getting him to realize how important it is that he reaches that potential. 

As great as Luka is, and he is MONUMENTALLY great...he is a PG who can't run the floor. That ain't ideal. 

They need to get a coach in here quickly who can help Luka reach his top level before it's too late.

The things about Luka are true but Kidd and 50 game Kyrie as a co-star isn’t going anywhere. The absolute worst thing that can happen is the Mavs getting someone like Wiggins or Kuzma, thinking it’ll help when I believe a move like that will ultimately lead to Luka wearing another uniform. This is about as down as I was when we lost Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Well. Good start to the 3rd but I’m surprised they’ve only trimmed 6 points off considering Orlando’s poor play. Maybe the dam will break. Mavs really need a win.
Like Reply
Timmy!!!!

Orlando down to 50% on threes.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:17 PM)Smitty Wrote: Good team to showcase Hardy to. Need THJ to get hot from deep and Mosley can give us WCJ for em.

Let’s go!!
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know he factors opponent into his starting lineup decisions, but I haven't seen much evidence of in-game adjustment. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I definitely feel like it's harder to see than it is with some other coaches.

What really sucks about the injuries is that they are actually a legitimate excuse for the team's poor play. Kidd is going to survive at least one more summer, I think.

Guess I have to give Kidd some credit. The zone defense was a noticeable adjustment and it’s totally thrown Orlando off their game. I know zones are exploitable but it seems to fit the Mavs personnel as it doesn’t seem to require as much movement or quickness.

(01-29-2024, 10:18 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Guess I have to give Kidd some credit. The zone defense was a noticeable adjustment and it’s totally thrown Orlando off their game. I know zones are exploitable but it seems to fit the Mavs personnel as it doesn’t require as much movement or quickness.
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 09:56 PM)Smitty Wrote: The things about Luka are true but Kidd and 50 game Kyrie as a co-star isn’t going anywhere. The absolute worst thing that can happen is the Mavs getting someone like Wiggins or Kuzma, thinking it’ll help when I believe a move like that will ultimately lead to Luka wearing another uniform. This is about as down as I was when we lost Brunson.

I agree with all of this, ESPECIALLY the Wiggins/Kuzma point.

Missing on Porzingis, losing Brunson for nothing and the third strike the Mavs just can't afford: trading for Wiggins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Mich better energy. Classic case of a back to back team just feeling it in the third.

Come out strong in the fourth. Attack the rim. Don’t settle for contested threes. Make Orlando guard

Ouch. Maybe not. 6 quick points to start the fourth. Maxi looks rough out there. Looks like he is running on egg shells
Like Reply
(01-29-2024, 10:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mich better energy.  Classic case of a back to back team just feeling it in the third.

Come out strong in the fourth.  Attack the rim.  Don’t settle for contested threes.  Make Orlando guard

Do you think it's more that Orlando's fatigue is catching up with them, or more that the Mavs are actually trying? I think both are factors, but not sure which is more significant. 

Meanwhile, the 4th isn't going great.
Like Reply
Almost 3 minutes into the 4th, the Mavs finally score. Why? Hardaway, that's why.

And just like that, they're looking a bit better on both ends.

Kyrie would really help in this game, because those super long traps are bothering Luka. The passes out aren't as on time/on target as normal. The Mavs desperately need someone who can do something once the ball leaves Luka's hands. I honestly think Hardy needs another big stretch here, and possibly a chance to finish.

What on EARTH was Green doing there? Why didn't he close out to the corner????
Like Reply
Hardy and Kleber for Green and Green. Good decisions, both, imho.

TH to the mf J!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Methinks THJ read the discussion on the board today, and really wants to finish his career here. Finish well, young man. (Raise that trade value, lol)
Like Reply
Movs just wasted GREAT defense from Kleber on Banchero.

(01-29-2024, 10:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Methinks THJ read the discussion on the board today, and really wants to finish his career here. Finish well, young man. (Raise that trade value, lol)

I guess I'm crazy, because I feel like he's had a ton of these good games this year. 

The last two sucked...but tonight isn't exactly an outlier. He's a GOOD offensive player! He's a PERFECT 6th man!
Like Reply