Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21)
People are hammering Kidd for not calling that timeout on the inter webs. It wasn't clear to me who Luka was upset with live, but in the video circulating it sure seems like he's barking at Kidd the way he used to bark at Carlisle towards the end, and you can clearly hear THJ say "call the timeout!" to the bench, also.
Like Reply
(01-30-2024, 12:18 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: People are hammering Kidd for not calling that timeout on the inter webs. It wasn't clear to me who Luka was upset with live, but in the video circulating it sure seems like he's barking at Kidd the way he used to bark at Carlisle towards the end, and you can clearly hear THJ say "call the timeout!" to the bench, also.

https://streamable.com/tl4i8r
Video of the incident.

You can audibly hear Luka scream call timeout in anger directed to the bench. Not sure who else Timmy or Luka would be yelling at. 

Perhaps Kidd's time might be coming to a close sooner than we think
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Anyone else wondering why Isaac basically was benched the entire 2nd half? Minutes restriction? His defense was suffocating.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-30-2024, 12:41 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Anyone else wondering why Isaac basically was benched the entire 2nd half? Minutes restriction? His defense was suffocating.

Minutes restriction due to b-2-b. They mentioned it on the broadcast.
Like Reply
(01-30-2024, 12:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Minutes restriction due to b-2-b. They mentioned it on the broadcast.

Ooops I missed that my bad.

I can see why everyone wants the dude because when he's on the court he is one of the most disrupting defenders I've ever seen. He held KD to 17 points last night and gave Luka ALL sorts of trouble in the 1st half.

But yeah, he's never on the court...
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Awesome game. Orlando is a difficult opponent for Mavs due to all their size and lentgh. Not much went Dallas way as worst shooting team in the league just couldn't miss. I really tip my hat to the Mavs in the second half. Depleted, tired yet they still managed to play much better defense and turned it around. Hardy and THJ obviously with great games, but I think Luka really proved to be a leader in this one. Picked Banchero and really stepped up on defense.

Much needed win. Now please get healthy.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
Oh yes, forgot one more. Kidd is an idiot. Almost cost us a game not calling time-out resulting in THJ travel. That one was so obvious everyone was waiting for him to do it.
Like Reply
This was a fun game to watch.

As a noted THJ hater, he shut me up this game. One of his better games as a Mav.

Hardy was excellent in the 1st half. His overall game looks good right now. He's driving to the hole with more explosion than before. But he's also making the right passes, when before he'd try some difficult layup and get blocked. I dont know if they are showcasing him, if they are trying to see what they have if THJ goes, or if he's just the next man up because of injuries. But if we end up trading Hardy i feel like we'll be sitting here in 3 years regretting that decision.

Man Orlando was some young interesting pieces. I really like their youth and depth. We didnt even see a few of the veterans like Markelle Fultz (who is somehow only 25 years old) Gary Harris, or Goga.

Like someone else mentioned in this thread. I think i'm out on Wendell Carter Jr unless we're giving up stuff like Kleber, Holmes, Powell. I wouldn't trade THJ or Hardy for him. Definitely not OMax or a 1st rounder.
Like Reply
Can't wait until Kyrie comes back so we can rest Luka for a few games Smile
Like Reply
(01-30-2024, 12:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://streamable.com/tl4i8r
Video of the incident.

You can audibly hear Luka scream call timeout in anger directed to the bench. Not sure who else Timmy or Luka would be yelling at. 

Perhaps Kidd's time might be coming to a close sooner than we think

Such a horrible no call of the timeout. I could maybe unterstand the logic if we only had one left, but we had two. WTF? Kidd either did not know he had two or he did not understand the situation. Both is so bad.
Like Reply