Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 45: Dallas Mavericks (24-20) vs. Atlanta Hawks (18-26)
If anyone missed this you can record the NBA TV replay at 2:30 AM. It is must watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(01-27-2024, 12:09 AM)MFFL Wrote: Fuck that rapist. 

But congrats to Luka!

Really??
Like Reply
Totally not impressed with Capela or Okongwu. Those guys were scrubs. Lively is already better than them.

We need to be real careful not to bring in one like them on a big deal or we will regret it. We need bigs who can 1) move 2) dribble 3) shoot
[-] The following 5 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, youzigizag
Like Reply
(01-27-2024, 10:14 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Totally not impressed with Capela or Okongwu. Those guys were scrubs. Lively is already better than them.

We need to be real careful not to bring in one like them on a big deal or we will regret it. We need bigs who can 1) move 2) dribble 3) shoot

No kidding.

Capela has been talked about around here for ages.

Why?

Were we not talking about giving up a FRP for this guy not long ago?  Lively changed things?  Thank God and thank you, Derrik.   FRP for a back up rebounder?  Not ideal.

Mavs front office and some posters aim low.   We have acquired players like Capela in the past and they didnt work out because they arent needle movers.    IMO, Mavs can try and get lucky in the bargain isle or they can go get players in the 20M range that are actually good players.    Gotta stop wasting your draft assets, though.

Mavs would be the NFL team right now that would trade Dak for a rookie QB contract and then spend 10 years on a treadmill before they realize you have to pay quality QBs.
Like Reply
(01-27-2024, 10:14 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Totally not impressed with Capela or Okongwu. Those guys were scrubs. Lively is already better than them.

I think Okongwu has something.  Not sure if that is good starter on contender or something less.  Even if he was not a factor yesterday.  Strange team though.

I agree with Capella.  Mavs got lucky there.  He didn’t have any impact last night and it looks like he has lost something from a few years ago.  Maybe a new change of scenario would help but I would not give up a good asset for him.
Like Reply
I thought Capela wasn't bad, but Lively was just better. Insane to think about given where we were at (myself included) last summer.

Capela as a backup 5 here would still be incredible and would take the load off of Lively tremendously. Although I can see why ATL has been having trouble moving him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
That is why I didn't get invited to any parties on Friday night Smile

https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/17...9189165537

And this

https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/17...9437510960
Like Reply