Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 45: Dallas Mavericks (24-20) vs. Atlanta Hawks (18-26)
[Image: Fp7kamTaYAAtEUH.jpg:large]

Atlanta Hawks Injury Report vs. Dallas Mavericks:

Trae Young - questionable (concussion protocol)
Wesley Matthews - questionable (right calf strain)
Kobe Bufkin - questionable (G League)
Clint Capela - questionable (left calf contusion)
Bruno Fernando - questionable (left lower back spasms)
De'Andre Hunter - out (right knee inflammation)
Mouhamed Gueye - out (right low back stress fracture)
Vit Krejci - out (left shoulder subluxation)

Dallas Mavericks Updated Injury Report vs. Atlanta Hawks:

Kyrie Irving - out (right thumb sprain)
Maxi Kleber - out (right small toe dislocation)
Dwight Powell - out (left eye corneal abrasion)
Olivier-Maxence Prosper - out (G League)
Greg Brown III - out (G League)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Wonder if maxis toe popped back out of place…
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 02:31 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Wonder if maxis toe popped back out of place…

I think it was on the Lowe Post (Or with Windhorst) where Tim McMahon said Maxi's toe just kept re-dislocating and thats why it took him 2 months to come back. 

The fact it keeps dislocating makes me think Maxi's days as an NBA player is cooked.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 02:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think it was on the Lowe Post (Or with Windhorst) where Tim McMahon said Maxi's toe just kept re-dislocating and thats why it took him 2 months to come back. 

The fact it keeps dislocating makes me think Maxi's days as an NBA player is cooked.

Nah. I bet they're just sitting him tonight because they don't think he's ready for back-to-backs.

You don't play defense like he has the past few games if you're cooked.
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 02:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think it was on the Lowe Post (Or with Windhorst) where Tim McMahon said Maxi's toe just kept re-dislocating and thats why it took him 2 months to come back. 

He's cooked man. We need to move on.

Unless they can cut that thing off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 02:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nah. I bet they're just sitting him tonight because they don't think he's ready for back-to-backs.

You don't play defense like he has the past few games if you're cooked.

He is a great defender. Doesn't matter though if you can only play in 10 games in a 4 month period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Kyrie is out again unfortunately..
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 02:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He is a great defender. Doesn't matter though if you can only play in 10 games in a 4 month period.

Yeah I’m the biggest Maxi fan here but he’s in the problem category instead of the solution category now.
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 03:26 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Yeah I’m the biggest Maxi fan here but he’s in the problem category instead of the solution category now.

I will agree if he is out again tomorrow night, but again, my guess is that they just don’t want him in a back to back yet. And I don’t blame them or him for that.
Like Reply
Mavs need a win. The only thing I hate more than 3 game losing streaks is a FOUR game losing streak
Like Reply
Kidd telling the media that Maxi is still experiencing pain in his dislocated toe. Just wrap the dude in bubble tape and see if he can give it a go a few weeks before the postseason.
Like Reply
Young, Capela, and our very own Wes Matthews are available for the Hawks.

Need a Luka masterclass to have a shot
Like Reply
I might eat these words in a few hours, but surely, they'll beat the Hawks. I'm not saying they CAN'T lose to the Hawks - any NBA team can lose to any other. But, I do not believe they will allow the Atlanta Hawks to be the 3rd game in a losing streak.

Morale is low around here right now, and I understand why. But...just saying, PHX and Boston are GOOD teams. Atlanta is not.

Of course, the other side of that coin is that if they do lose to ATL this place is going to be unbearable for at least 24 hours.
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 06:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I might eat these words in a few hours, but surely, they'll beat the Hawks. I'm not saying they CAN'T lose to the Hawks - any NBA team can lose to any other. But, I do not believe they will allow the Atlanta Hawks to be the 3rd game in a losing streak.

Morale is low around here right now, and I understand why. But...just saying, PHX and Boston are GOOD teams. Atlanta is not.

Of course, the other side of that coin is that if they do lose to ATL this place is going to be unbearable for at least 24 hours.

If losing to the Hawks means Kidd finally gets the boot I hope the Mavs lose by 50 tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Luka was on fire to start yet Mavs are down already. Bad THJ so far.

Kidd must really hate Holmes for being away from the team for personal reasons. Even though he’s not good, he’s the only other big on the team m

Got about two weeks until Bally expires. Unless they make a trade, doesn’t look like I’ll be missing much.
Like Reply
More of the same

Jason Kidd has to go, no adjustments at all
Like Reply
Hardy and Hardaway running stuff this much remains a recipe for disaster. Both need a ballldominant guard next to them they can play off of. Neither has the playmaking/shot creating skill level to really have a steady positive impact with that role.

But that’s been visible for months now.
Like Reply
Richaun Holmes sighting.
Like Reply
If Luka had run back after that turnover, which was not his fault, they might have prevented these free throws.
Like Reply
Luka going after Embiid tonight.

So is Booker apparently
Like Reply