Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 45: Dallas Mavericks (24-20) vs. Atlanta Hawks (18-26)
Lawson should get all of Hardy’s minutes.
Like Reply
See, those two attempts are going to be held against Hardaway at the end of this game. They probably already are being held against him. However, the reality is that one of them was a quick shot to get a two for one opportunity and the other was a desperate heave at the end of a quarter. Many, many players are unwilling to attempt shots like that because of the impact they have on percentages. Hardaway is not scared of getting thrown “grenades”…he’s fearless. I think that when he’s gone, people will finally understand that.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, surfpuckmd, WillE
Like Reply
108 points in 3 quarters with only 2 players in double figures. Never seen that before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 08:26 PM)WillE Wrote: I bet not.one fan said this when Dirk went for the previous record. The game changed and while its more effective its not always more fun to watch.

Some defense wouldn't hurt too though.

Luka is fun to watch tonight. This is just not a championship style of play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 08:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka is fun to watch tonight. This is just not a championship style of play.

I totally agree with that, but you didn’t honestly think they were a championship team, did you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
Luka at 65 and counting..
Like Reply
As much as I wish for some defense. It’s on! Kobe is in Luka’s site.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 08:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka is fun to watch tonight. This is just not a championship style of play.
And yet at least tonight it sure is the best style of play to get that W.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillE's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
imagine luka gets 81 on kobe's death anniversary.. let it be tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
They are going to double him for the rest of this, I guess.
Like Reply
Hawks hangin around. Mavs better close them out.
Like Reply
Look, people. The Mavs are not a real contender yet. That sucks.

Last year at this time, if you trapped Luka down the stretch of a close game, you probably beat the Mavericks. Now, that is literally the easiest way to lose to them.

It’s important to remember that progress is being made.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, surfpuckmd, WillE
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 09:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Look, people. The Mavs are not a real contender yet. That sucks.

Last year at this time, if you trapped Luka down the stretch of a close game, you probably beat the Mavericks. Now, that is literally the easiest way to lose to them.

It’s important to remember that progress is being made.

Premature considering they just blew two easy layups to keep Atlanta in this
Like Reply
73 and counting.
Like Reply
Luka really showed me something tonight.

He had all the reason in the world to hunt shots down the stretch of this game, but to his credit, once Atlanta started doubling and trapping he did not force things. There was one three pointer in the corner that I thought he forced, but other than that I thought he made the right basketball play every single freaking time. In fact, there was one pass to Josh Green in the paint that I thought was a lower percentage play than Luka just shooting himself. My goodness, possessions like that one where he threw the extra pass to Exum above the break for the dagger three… there were just so many of those tonight.

Once in a generation performance.

(01-26-2024, 09:26 PM)Branduil Wrote: Premature considering they just blew two easy layups to keep Atlanta in this

But not by trapping Luka, lol. They only tried that once, and it resulted in the widest open three I’ve ever seen in my life.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Branduil, DallasMaverick, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Unbelievable stup1d pass by low IQ THJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(01-26-2024, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka really showed me something tonight.

He had all the reason in the world to hunt shots down the stretch of this game, but to his credit, once Atlanta started doubling and trapping, he did not force things. There was one three pointer in the corner that I thought he forced, but other than that, I thought he made the right basketball play every single freaking time. In fact, there was one pass to Josh Green in the paint that I thought was a lower percentage play that Luka just shooting himself. My goodness, possessions, like that one, where he threw the extra pass to Exum above the break for the dagger three… there were just so many of those tonight.

Once in a generation performance.

But not by trapping Luka, lol. They only tried that once, and it resulted in the widest open three I’ve ever seen in my life.

He's going to do incredible things when he gets his first of multiple FMVPs with another team
Like Reply
Suck a D Tim McMahon, eat this L
[-] The following 2 users Like Dova's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Incredible game by Luka and a much needed win. They needed all 73 to win this one. He played smart at the end instead of chasing 80.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
what a night.

on the same night, booker also scored 62 and got the L
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply