Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm out on the 2023-24 season ....
The road of NBA history is littered with superstars failing at coaching. I don't get it. How can someone like Kidd have a MENSA basketball IQ on the court, but then be a complete idiot off?
Like Reply
Yeah...Im not into a war with you on it...

I see Kidd slapping his wife as an unfortunate emotional incident and until Im provided a history of physical or inhumane mental abuse towards significant others or "janitors" in the case of Rick Carisle...then I chalk it up as one off situations...not "Draymond" behaviors.

Kidd getting people fired paints him as an issue if you are in his way from climbing the ladder. Unfortunately...this is pretty common. I need to know more facts, which I will never have, on the exact situations and what took place when Kidd was trying to get guys fired. For all I know...maybe those situations were warranted. Ive worked places and thought someone should be fired and spoke out on it. I wasnt trying to take their position...assuming Kidd was trying to take their job and not just get them fired for someone with a different approach.

He left the scene of a car wreck when he was young and struck his wife. What else is there that paints him as a toilet? Being hard on players in Milwaukee? Playing head games with the media? Supposedly spearheading a few firings? There must be something I overlooked when reading.

Im not a fan of his media head games. Im not a fan of him spearheading firings. I will assume the firings stuff has been a constant with him. That makes him look hard to deal with...but is the guy barking at Janitors like they are worthless beings that didnt try hard enough in life(assuming the janitor stuff with Rick is true).

Seems like he's had a few mistakes in life that are magnified. Seems like he has been hard on players when he started coaching and has adjusted. Seems like he can be off putting to media sometimes(media can be annoying). Seems like he is extremely competitive when it comes to jobs and power and will glide into "wtf" territory(assuming the firings he wanted werent warranted)

He seems like he might be cocky in some areas of life...but is he a terrible human? I guess you know more than I do or can read between the lines more than I or have confidential information I dont have.

I guess I dont see him in dirtbag territory unless you have a job he wants and even then I need proof that is how he is. I will give you that there seems to be rumors of him trying to get people fired routinely. Im not a fan of it and need to know how far he goes to get people fired. Does he just convince other around him to gang up on the guy....or is he doing very manipulative things like setting people up and using things to get people fired...as in he is a legit sociopath? Im missing information or overlooked something in the readings.

You could be right...but I havent read anything that says he is a hard person to get a long with like Rick Carlisle. Kidd could be a huge sociopath that only associates with certain people and everyone else is garbage to him...I just havent got that from the links provided. Can you provide more? So far...he seems like a somewhat normal guy with some low points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 04:31 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Yeah...Im not into a war with you on it...

I see Kidd slapping his wife as an unfortunate emotional incident and until Im provided a history of physical or inhumane mental abuse towards significant others or "janitors" in the case of Rick Carisle...then I chalk it up as one off situations...not "Draymond" behaviors.

Kidd getting people fired paints him as an issue if you are in his way from climbing the ladder.  Unfortunately...this is pretty common.  I need to know more facts, which I will never have, on the exact situations and what took place when Kidd was trying to get guys fired.  For all I know...maybe those situations were warranted.  Ive worked places and thought someone should be fired and spoke out on it.  I wasnt trying to take their position...assuming Kidd was trying to take their job and not just get them fired for someone with a different approach.

He left the scene of a car wreck when he was young and struck his wife.  What else is there that paints him as a toilet?  Being hard on players in Milwaukee?  Playing head games with the media?  Supposedly spearheading a few firings?  There must be something I overlooked when reading.

Im not a fan of his media head games.  Im not a fan of him spearheading firings.  I will assume the firings stuff has been a constant with him.  That makes him look hard to deal with...but is the guy barking at Janitors like they are worthless beings that didnt try hard enough in life(assuming the janitor stuff with Rick is true). 

Seems like he's had a few mistakes in life that are magnified.  Seems like he has been hard on players when he started coaching and has adjusted.  Seems like he can be off putting to media sometimes(media can be annoying).  Seems like he is extremely competitive when it comes to jobs and power and will glide into "wtf" territory(assuming the firings he wanted werent warranted)

He seems like he might be cocky in some areas of life...but is he a terrible human?  I guess you know more than I do or can read between the lines more than I or have confidential information I dont have. 

I guess I dont see him in dirtbag territory unless you have a job he wants and even then I need proof that is how he is.  I will give you that there seems to be rumors of him trying to get people fired routinely.  Im not a fan of it and need to know how far he goes to get people fired.  Does he just convince other around him to gang up on the guy....or is he doing very manipulative things like setting people up and using things to get people fired...as in he is a legit sociopath?  Im missing information or overlooked something in the readings.

You could be right...but I havent read anything that says he is a hard person to get a long with like Rick Carlisle.  Kidd could be a huge sociopath that only associates with certain people and everyone else is garbage to him...I just havent got that from the links provided.  Can you provide more?  So far...he seems like a somewhat normal guy with some low points.

Kidd is a raging alcoholic and extremely difficult person.  In professional sports you can get away with that if you produce, as he did as a player.  He hasn't as a HEAD coach.  He's been great as an assistant, but when he sets the tone the for a franchise, it ends in disaster.

Cal as Student...  Left the scene of an obvious DWI.  Got his coach fired.

DAL as a player...  Got his coach fired.  Could not get along with Mash and J.Jackson, split up the team.

BRK as a player...  Beat his wife.

DAL as a player again...  Screwed the Mavs over signing with NYK after committing to DAL.  Cuban says Kidd will never have his jersey hung in Dallas.

BRK as coach... HOFers Pierce and KG were arguing who was going to get to kick his ass.

MIL as coach... Put Larry Sanders (his best player at the time) in the hospital.

That's all before becoming our coach.  Fill in whatever criticisms you have of him here.  Perhaps Luka and Kyrie are great enough to get us another championship.  I just don't see it happening.  He will feud with one of our young stars (Lively, Gafford, Green, an improved Hardy, etc) and will be shown the door.

I don't understand how Cuban didn't see that Kidd's ouster will be a disaster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 03:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: . . . Surely I don't need to cut and paste for you. In terms of character, evaluated based on the events we have seen and heard about, it would seem that Kidd's character is pretty toiletsville and he's a confirmed degenerate by the criteria by which most folks judge such things. . . .

What on earth are you talking about??? Confirmed degenerate? Seriously?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
I don't understand how this thread got derailed so quickly to the point we're listing Kidd's past misdeeds.

Silly to try to justify it for one. Also silly to even bring it up now as it has zero relevance to the Mavs today.

We can hate Kidd for him as a coach. Lets stick to that for now cause I see where this is headed and I'm going to try and put a stop to it. Lets move on.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply