Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: IND gets Siakam| TOR gets 3FRP, Nwora, Lewis Jr. and Brown
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3933...s-pelicans

The deal is done. He goes to the Pacers.
Like Reply
Super smart dealing by Pacers GM with the Kira Lewis Jr. aggregation.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
@wojespn
BREAKING: The Indiana Pacers are finalizing a trade to acquire All-Star F Pascal Siakam in a deal that will send Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and three first-round picks to the Toronto Raptors. New Orleans will be a third team in deal, sending Kira Lewis to the Raptors.

@BobbyMarks42
The New Orleans/Toronto/Indiana trade are 2 separate trades:

1. Kira Lewis Jr. to Indiana

2. Lewis Jr., Brown, Nwora to Toronto for Siakam

Indiana is allowed to aggregate Lewis Jr. because they are under the salary cap.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
The 3 firsts are the 2 2024 picks Indiana has this year and their 2026 FRP.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The 3 firsts are the 2 2024 picks Indiana has this year and their 2026 FRP.

Not the end of the world, as long as they re-sign him. He'll still be there contributing through all of that.
Like Reply
I am destroyed doubly so
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 02:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Super smart dealing by Pacers GM with the Kira Lewis Jr. aggregation.

Looks like they also got a SRP to take that contract

2026 pick is protected 1-4
Like Reply
In all honesty, this is the exact type of trade I am hoping the Mavs make this offseason. 2-3 firsts and stuff for that big wing. While keeping most of your young talent.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Good move by the Pacers. Two of those 1st rounders are 2024, and will be late late in the round. If Siakam resigns or not, i bet that 2026 1st will be a late one also.

Man they have some talent on that squad.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:54 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Good move by the Pacers. Two of those 1st rounders are 2024, and will be late late in the round.  If Siakam resigns or not, i bet that 2026 1st will be a late one also.

Man they have some talent on that squad.

And a coach that knows how to maximize it. Will be fascinating to watch what Rick will be able to achieve with this roster!
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 04:41 PM)Knutsen Wrote: And a coach that knows how to maximize it. Will be fascinating to watch what Rick will be able to achieve with this roster!
Siakam won’t be required to play defense, so he won’t.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 03:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not the end of the world, as long as they re-sign him. He'll still be there contributing through all of that.

How will we evaluate this deal if Siakam doesn’t re-sign?
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 05:16 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: How will we evaluate this deal if Siakam doesn’t re-sign?

Championship or bust in my opinion.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 05:16 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: How will we evaluate this deal if Siakam doesn’t re-sign?

Well, that would mean that they just sent three picks out that will be made after the target player has left their team. 

So, that would make this trade a pretty huge bummer from the Pacers' POV. I think they'll re-sign him, however.
Like Reply
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
The Raptors have waived center Christian Koloko to complete the Pascal Siakam trade with Indiana.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 11:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
The Raptors have waived center Christian Koloko to complete the Pascal Siakam trade with Indiana.

If the respiratory illness isn't career ending he would be a great low cost target. Long but with good mobility (better than Lively). Great defensive metrics last season.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen, RGP1981
Like Reply
(01-18-2024, 12:05 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If the respiratory illness isn't career ending he would be a great low cost target. Long but with good mobility (better than Lively). Great defensive metrics last season.

Shocked they cut him so quick. I remember Kamm was all over him in the draft
Like Reply