Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: IND gets Siakam| TOR gets 3FRP, Nwora, Lewis Jr. and Brown
@ShamsCharania
Developing: The Raptors and Pacers are in active talks on a trade centered on two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam for package that includes three first-round picks, league sources say.

https://twitter.com/BasketballOnX/status...8LV5z7O4yg&s=19

"The Pacers had extensive conversations at the G League Showcase in Orlando about this (trading for Siakam). I think Indiana has some of the best assets to offer."

-@MikeAScotto

Tony East (@TonyREast)
Pacers picks for 2024 right now are 17 and 27. Half a game away from 21 and 27. Keep that in mind as you read the value of "3 picks", though I have no idea if those picks are even included in any package.
Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
The Pacers have all of their own first-round picks. They also have an extra 2024 pick is the least favorable of:

HOU 5-30
LAC
OKC
UTA 11-30

You probably could have guessed the Thunder own the other three picks in that scenario. Honestly, just assume OKC owns every extra pick.?‍♂️

Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050)
"It’s unclear where the Raptors stand, but the Pacers’ level of motivation appears high."

This is key. Never really know where the Raps stand until a deal is done & it doesn't sound like this one is... yet. Assuming it's not, can't imagine they'll be thrilled about this leaking.
Retweets

Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
I am VERY curious to see what the "other salaries" are that Indiana would be sending Toronto in addition to Bruce Brown.

Pending who that is, Raptors could be positioned to have a decent chunk of cap space. And still have a couple more tradable guys too.

Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Pacers would need to add an additional $8.2 million alongside Bruce Brown to absorb Pascal Siakam’s $37.8 million salary.

Keep an eye on Obi Toppin, Jalen Smith and Isaiah Jackson as potential pieces included in negotiations.

Indiana has reportedly been reluctant to include Bennedict Mathurin or Jarace Walker.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(@esidery)
The Pacers feel “pretty strongly” about being able to re-sign Pascal Siakam, per @ShamsCharania.

Indiana is very motivated to acquire Siakam, who is at the top of their wish list for potential trade targets.

Bennedict Mathurin and Jarace Walker wouldn’t be included in the deal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
The ship has sailed on Siakam to the Mavs if the starting point is 3 FRPs in negotiations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
It sure seems Indy wants this to happen a lot. But 3FRP might not be that great of a value, depends a lot which picks are actually considered. Indy has 2 picks in 2024 draft and neither of them is likely to be a lottery pick.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 11:56 AM)omahen Wrote: It sure seems Indy wants this to happen a lot. But 3FRP might not be that great of a value, depends a lot which picks are actually considered. Indy has 2 picks in 2024 draft and neither of them is likely to be a lottery pick.

Definitely true that not all 1st round picks are of equal value.
Like Reply
I think 3 FRPs prices us out of the equation in 3 ways even if they aren’t very good picks. One, the value of our players isn’t all that great so adding them and 2) then having to BEAT the offer is not great. Third, we most likely don’t want to pay what it would take to be competitive.
Like Reply
Mavs could match it or at least offer something different in terms of young talent, like what has been reported as what TOR desires.

They could include any two of Green, Hardy, Omax. And can also send ‘27 FRP and TOR’s own SRP back (probably top 35).

Not that I would do it but Mavs offer could be better than Brown+Salary+3 undesirable FRPs

Mavs- Siakam & Temple
TOR- THJ, Holmes, Green, Omax, ‘27 FRP, ‘25 SRP
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: Mavs could match it or at least offer something different in terms of young talent, like what has been reported as what TOR desires.

They could include any two of Green, Hardy, Omax. And can also send ‘27 FRP and TOR’s own SRP back (probably top 35).

Not that I would do it but Mavs offer could be better than Brown+Salary+3 undesirable FRPs

Mavs- Siakam & Temple
This is my point. The stopping point in adding to the deal stops somewhere along the way of getting there to beat the offer.
Like Reply
It definitely looks Mavs are not in (either they don't want to be or they can't be), so this is just some theoretical phylosophical discussion on my side. Lets say Indy does indeed offer expiring contracts and 3 picks. Not sure if Toronto can flip Brown for more, as his contract is huge.

I could see Mavs matching that. I could see it possible we can get a pick and expiring for THJ from another team. Green could also have a FRP like value. Sure it is more complicated, but I could see them get there if they really wanted to.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: Mavs could match it or at least offer something different in terms of young talent, like what has been reported as what TOR desires.

Mavs- Siakam & Temple

IND has to send out at least 8 mil additional salary if Brown is included. That means TJ McConnell, Buddy, or a combo of their bench guys that are making 5-6 mil each. 

IND has apparently been staunchly against including Mathurin or Walker. That leaves Toppin, Nesmith, Jalen Smith, Nwora, and Nembhard. 

THJ>>>>>>>> Bruce Brown

Hardy I'd peg right below Toppin in terms of value, but is above all those other guys. 

2027 FRP unprotected is worth at least 2 of those FRPs. TOR own SRP is a pretty high one too. 

The value is really similar. Holmes salary ballast might be the thing holding it up, unless Masai thinks he can get value from it.
Like Reply
I definitely don’t see THJ getting a FRP from any team. He’s been around so long and teams know his body of work and he’s been shopped since being signed. Nothing. The body of work is more important than the flash in the pan 40 pt game. He might get a bite or 2 finally, but I don’t think the value raises. I guess you could say that means the value has raised, since it went from uninterested to, sure I’ll take him.
Like Reply
(@JakeLFischer)
Sources: Jordan Nwora was part of the latest Indiana package featuring Bruce Brown Jr. for the Pacers’ efforts to land All-NBA talent Pascal Siakam from the Raptors on Tuesday.

Other details on those negotiations and more from around league @YahooSports: https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...33967.html

Dallas has been one of the teams engaged in acquiring Siakam, sources said. The Mavericks continue to be linked to various versatile forwards, from Andrew Wiggins to P.J. Washington to old friend Dorian Finney-Smith, according to league sources.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@JakeLFischer)

Dallas has been one of the teams engaged in acquiring Siakam, sources said. The Mavericks continue to be linked to various versatile forwards, from Andrew Wiggins to P.J. Washington to old friend Dorian Finney-Smith, according to league sources.

I would love everyone on that list except Wiggins. Please, God, no Wiggins. 

I'm getting more and more excited about PJ Washington, tbh. My hopes aren't quite up, but this is the first time I've seen any legitimate sign that he's on the market.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:09 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is my point. The stopping point in adding to the deal stops somewhere along the way of getting there to beat the offer.

I agree. I hope the Mavs don’t do it. Just pointing out that they can ”match” the Pacers offer. Just a different way to get there.
Like Reply
(@esidery)
The Pacers’ latest proposal for Pascal Siakam, per @JakeLFischer (https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...33967.html):

Bruce Brown
Jordan Nwora
Obi Toppin or Jalen Smith
2024 1st
2024 1st (via Thunder)
Future first-round pick

Buddy Hield hasn’t been included in recent trade talks with the Raptors.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@JakeLFischer)
Sources: Jordan Nwora was part of the latest Indiana package featuring Bruce Brown Jr. for the Pacers’ efforts to land All-NBA talent Pascal Siakam from the Raptors on Tuesday.

Other details on those negotiations and more from around league @YahooSports: https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...33967.html

I wonder who's leaking these details?  Seems like Toronto would have the most to gain.

Probably not Indiana. Probably not Siakam's agent.

Toronto probably hoping that some other team will jump in with a better offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would love everyone on that list except Wiggins. Please, God, no Wiggins. 

I'm getting more and more excited about PJ Washington, tbh. My hopes aren't quite up, but this is the first time I've seen any legitimate sign that he's on the market.

Wiggins might make sense if Kuminga, Moody, and about 20 FRPs came with him. Otherwise, no. Losing player on a terrible contract. My opinion of the front office goes down a couple of notches if the Wiggins mentions are legit.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:50 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I wonder who's leaking these details?  Seems like Toronto would have the most to gain.

Thats an interesting question. Definitely feels like a Toronto leak. Fischer has been plugged in with them. I remember him being one of the first ones to break the Dragic stuff when TOR acquired him and the Mavs were interested. Same with the almost KP trade back at the TDL when they tried to get Dragic and Trent Jr. 

Maybe this is Toronto's final cry for someone to step up and slightly beat this.
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:50 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I wonder who's leaking these details?  Seems like Toronto would have the most to gain.

Agree it is very strange this things are leaking, if the discussion is supposed to be so serious. I would imagine Indy certainly doesn't appreciate that all the details are being leaked. However, there is a possibility that details are not even true. A couple of possible scenarios:
- Indy is leaking inflated value to scare off anyone else
- Toronto is leaking info to stimulate others to come with bigger offers
- Siakam agent is leaking info to push the team that he really wants to go to to make an offer
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I definitely don’t see THJ getting a FRP from any team. He’s been around so long and teams know his body of work and he’s been shopped since being signed. Nothing. The body of work is more important than the flash in the pan 40 pt game. He might get a bite or 2 finally, but I don’t think the value raises. I guess you could say that means the value has raised, since it went from uninterested to, sure I’ll take him.

On the other hand, he is having one of the best seasons of his career and is one of the leading 6th man candidates. His contract is now for only two more years and he had injury troubles first season Mavs started to shop him. He is proving to be a good player, just not a great fit next to Luka/Irving because of defense. Also, some teams actually value expiring contract next season which could have value in trades (NY mentioned in this light). 

If the only criteria is getting an expiring contract (can be bad player), I definitely see a FRP value. Of course a protected FRP, but as we have seen from recent Fisher report, Indy is not exactly offering better picks.

Mavs offer of THJ (third team providing non lottery pick and expiring salary), Green, Holmes +2027 is not that worse than Indy. Green probably is better than Toppin or Smith. Problem is, if Toronto really values Brown or can get additional value for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply