Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 41: New Orleans Pelicans (24-17) at Dallas Mavericks (24-17)| 120-125 WIN
(01-15-2024, 03:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You and I both might’ve trumped too soon.

It looked good on defense in the first quarter!

Pelicans are forcing Kleber-Lively to switch. Allowing Zion to attack Lively.
Like Reply
Williams’ finishing inside is painfully bad.

(01-15-2024, 03:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Pelicans are forcing Kleber-Lively to switch. Allowing Zion to attack Lively.

Seems like he’s killing everyone this quarter.
Like Reply
- THJ miracle 3s keeping the Mavs in the game.
- Kyrie with some really weird mistakes. Probably my pick for best handles of all time but today he has Dampier-hands.
- Williams lateral quickness is so freaking bad that it almost has to be injury related.

Lively looks almost as slow as Williams. Also injury related? What is going on with the Mavs. Almost like players lose their athleticism when they join the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Man oh man, Grant may be losing a rotation spot. Just totally lost Jonas for a dunk.

Also think Seth has really been a disappointment. His time was there for the taking for Jaden. Jaden hasn’t knocked it our of the park though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • ACMFFL
Like Reply
Wow, total domination by the Mavs in the first quarter, and then the 2nd equally dominated by the Pelicans, resulting in 0-0 at half. Bananas.
Like Reply
Tied game at the half. This just feels like a game where the Mavs shots get cold in the second half and the Pelicans pull away.

Man, I am just so disappointed in grant. Can't stay in front of anyone and has a few mental mistakes on rotations each game. It is almost to a point where you can't play him right now. If he keeps playing like this, he is going to find himself outside the regular rotation.
Like Reply
Pelicans get easy looks in the paint. Mavs rely on contested jumpshots. The difference in shot quality is going to decide the game if things don't change in the 2nd half. THJ hero ball is nice when it works but it shouldn't be the go to offense.
Like Reply
Dumb cut by green there. Lively was already occupying the paint.
Like Reply
LMAO. For once the Mavs play an early game and I missed most of it. LOL.
Like Reply
Lively-Kleber spacing is off. Maxi is struggling with his shot. Lively isn't nearly as good when it comes to the hand off/screen stuff as Powell. Zion's biggest weakness is defense but with lineups like this he can hide on Kleber.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs offensive scheme is injured. Backup plan for Luka hero ball is Kyrie/THJ hero ball but they aren't as good and that basically takes everyone else out of the game. No double teams. No traps. No open looks for the role players.
But I am sure the coach is watching...
  • ACMFFL
Like Reply
Considering that the average Mavs possession ends with a 30ft three from THJ it's impressive that they are only down 7.
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 04:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs offensive scheme is injured. Backup plan for Luka hero ball is Kyrie/THJ hero ball but they aren't as good and that basically takes everyone else out of the game. No double teams. No traps. No open looks for the role players.
But I am sure the coach is watching...

Yeah, I am basically back to wondering how Kidd has a job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
At least the rest of the guys are hustling and creating extra possessions for THJ and Kyrie.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Dallas continues to thrive in clutch games, and this one falls into the comeback column, too.

(01-15-2024, 05:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dallas continues to thrive in clutch games, and this one falls into the comeback column, too.

Typed too soon on this one???

Horrible pump fake and shot from Williams.
Like Reply
Looks like Kleber coming back in. I think that’s wise.
Like Reply
Hack-a-Zion. And it works.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hack-a-Zion with the chance to tie is BOLD
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 05:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hack-a-Zion with the chance to tie is BOLD

Probably more about the level of trust in their own defense.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
You just never know about these guys.
Like Reply