Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 41: New Orleans Pelicans (24-17) at Dallas Mavericks (24-17)| 120-125 WIN
This game will officially get us to the halfway mark of the Mavs' season. Win or lose, it has undeniably been a better than expected first 41, but on the other hand, losing to this team the other night, on a back to back when they were resting all of their players, was a huge drag. Now we're all in a Cowboys funk, so a win would really be helpful. 

Derrick Lively back. I hope that helps. 

[Image: 01hd5e3et8jb9386djyj.jpg]
Like Reply
Anyone have a streaming link? Asking for a friend.
Like Reply
No luka, jones or Exum today.

Can’t wait until Luka comes back, so Kyrie can miss a few weeks Smile
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 02:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Can’t wait until Luka comes back, so Kyrie can miss a few weeks Smile

That is what it feels like, isn't it? 

I guess it's good that Luka can miss a game and getting a win is still a possibility.
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 01:46 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Anyone have a streaming link? Asking for a friend.

[Image: 8cfq9c.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
omax was recalled too. Will be interesting if he gets any run with Jones out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kleber starting tonight. Interesting. 

https://x.com/MFollowill/status/17469757...27736?s=20

I guess I don't hate it. Seems like the plan is to put a bigger shooter with Lively, leaving Williams to play with Powell off the bench. I think it's a little reckless, at this point, to completely give up on Williams as a starter this way, especially since we all kind of know Kleber's minutes should be kept down, but I get the logic.

(01-15-2024, 02:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: omax was recalled too.  Will be interesting if he gets any run with Jones out.

I would LOVE to see some O-Max.

Since the Mavs cannot trade him, they'd might as well start getting him some experience.
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 02:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kleber starting tonight. Interesting. 

https://x.com/MFollowill/status/17469757...27736?s=20

I guess I don't hate it. Seems like the plan is to put a bigger shooter with Lively, leaving Williams to play with Powell off the bench. I think it's a little reckless, at this point, to completely give up on Williams as a starter this way, especially since we all kind of know Kleber's minutes should be kept down, but I get the logic.

I would LOVE to see some O-Max.

Since the Mavs cannot trade him, they'd might as well start getting him some experience.

Really interesting.  I don't want to give up on Williams, but he has been ugly to watch.   For me, his value will be how strong help defense he plays and if he can play passable perimeter defense.  

With that being said, he better get in gear.  With everyone eventually healthy, there are going to be a lot of mouths to feed.   Right now, he may have trouble getting consistent minutes if his plays does not improve.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
The Pels are likely to be a close seeding competitor. We really need this game but we really needed the last one to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I HATE running pick and roll with Kleber while Lively is in the dunker’s spot.

I HATE IT

Love the combo of Lively and Kleber on defense, however.
Like Reply
GREAT box out from Williams there.
Like Reply
Lively making a huge difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
It's nice to watch a life-size team for a change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Powell hanging in there on that first possession when things looked bad. Good defense.
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
The Mavericks must know that we are all hurting here in Cowboys country. They are doing their best to help.

I also suspect @roytarpleysghost is not watching today.
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Great start.

Man, Seth has to stop with the off ball fouls with the other team in penalty
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lmao what is Zion doing?! He looks like a random overweight guy picked up at the burger shop next door
[-] The following 1 user Likes phiL's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I don’t mean to offend @Surfpuckmd, who is a great contributor, but… I feel really sorry for pelicans fans. Zion has to be one of the most disappointing NBA investments of all time.

There are long stretches when I don’t even realize he’s out there. I legitimately believe I would rather have Derek Lively than Zion and that is WILLLLD
Like Reply
Rough stretch for Lively. Don't really like the fit next to Kleber.
Like Reply
(01-15-2024, 03:15 PM)phiL Wrote: Lmao what is Zion doing?! He looks like a random overweight guy picked up at the burger shop next door

You and I both might’ve typed too soon.

(01-15-2024, 03:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Rough stretch for Lively. Don't really like the fit next to Kleber.

It looked good on defense in the first quarter!
Like Reply