Poll: Which 4 would you target?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paschal Siakim
32.00%
8 32.00%
Lauri Markkanen
16.00%
4 16.00%
Jerami Grant
12.00%
3 12.00%
An option not listed (post your idea)
4.00%
1 4.00%
Any of them would be great, the Mavs should just pick the deal they can best afford. But, get it done!
16.00%
4 16.00%
It's too early to know for sure they need one of these players. Stand pat, for now.
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The missing forward: a poll
(01-06-2024, 05:35 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: So, I agree with the philosophy here, but “who” is only part of the equation.  We also have to figure out the “cost” part of it.  If someone is good enough to want,  it will probably cost you something you don’t want to part with.  So, which youngster is going out the door and what is the matching salary that doesn’t ruin the value of the youngster you are sending.

You can pair say Hardy with either GWill or Holmes and make the numbers work.  Is the upgrade from GWill to Washington worth Hardy?  Also, why does Charlotte need Holmes (with Williams and Richards)?  GWill has shot .365% (from the field…the field, not 3) since the 7th game of the season.  Not sure he’s on anyone’s radar right now. Does THJ do anything for Charlotte?  Seems you’d need to find a third team that wants THJ.  Otherwise you might be adding a draft asset to Hardy to make the GWill for PJ deal.  We can all scoff at that cost, but why does Charlotte give up Washington for less?

Ya I agree with all this. I should be clear when I talk about upgrade I mean at a non detrimental cost preferably. My post was more about this vibe I’ve been getting from folks here that if someone isn’t like OG level defender then they aren’t a good defender/aren’t good enough defensively to improve the team overall. Wasn’t trying to single you out or anything, it’s a sentiment I’ve been noticing around the board is all about those two players that I kind of disagree with is all.

I actually don’t think Charlotte makes sense for us as a trade partner because Washington isn’t someone I’d give a pick up for which is what I’d assume they’re looking for. Same goes for Grant in Portland probably. Would have to be a third team. My preseason hope was THJ to Orlando, Harris and the nugs pick to Charlotte and Washington to Dallas but now I’m feeling less great about that because I don’t think Hardy is quite ready to fill some of Hardaways role if he were gone.
Like Reply
You all forgot LeBron.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply