Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 29: San Antonio Spurs (4-23) @ Dallas Mavericks (16-12) 7:30p gametime
I always thought that AJ Lawson could be a rotation player. In fact, given the same opportunity, he could be just as effective as Green in this role (maybe even more so) at a fraction of the price. Green is probably the better individual player in a vacuum but on this team, he would have the same 3 and D role as Lawson so it doesn't really matter.

I'm thinking the Mavs will be as patient as they want to be in holding Green out with this injury so they can shop him at the trade deadline. The poison pill on his contract extension wouldn't be a dealbreaker for interested teams IMO
Like Reply
Nice run by Lawson last night. He is making a case to be with the team more. I am not sure what we have with him yet, but the first step is taking advantage of the opportunities. Not a good run by Dennis and Brown. They were a part of the group that was really sloppy that made Kidd bring back Exum and Williams. Not a good run. It was blowout duty though.

When I watch SA play, I wonder how long POP wants to put up with this. They have been getting their doors beat off for the last few years. Luckily they have that guy now...if healthy. I expected a better team from them this year. OMAX isn't ready now. But you look at some of the Spurs youngsters show what the most common developmental track is for a lot of guys.

I sort of liked that rookie Sidy last night. Only 19. Reminds me a little of OMAX. I wonder if the Spurs try to move Keldon Johnson. He feels like a guy who won't be there when the Spurs are good again.
Like Reply
(12-24-2023, 08:50 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Nice run by Lawson last night.  He is making a case to be with the team more.  I am not sure what we have with him yet, but the first step is taking advantage of the opportunities.    Not a good run by Dennis and Brown.  They were a part of the group that was really sloppy that made Kidd bring back Exum and Williams.  Not a good run.  It was blowout duty though.

When I watch SA play, I wonder how long POP wants to put up with this.  They have been getting their doors beat off for the last few years.  Luckily they have that guy now...if healthy.  I expected a better team from them this year.    OMAX isn't ready now.  But you look at some of the Spurs youngsters show what the most common developmental track is for a lot of guys. 

I sort of liked that rookie Sidy last night.  Only 19.  Reminds me a little of OMAX.  I wonder if the Spurs try to move Keldon Johnson.  He feels like a guy who won't be there when the Spurs are good again.

Maybe it is a tanking move but I think coaching is one of the main issues in San Antonio. Trying to force Sochan into the oversized PG role is really hurting the team. Especially Wemby. Way better team when Tre Jones is on the floor.
A league wide trend. Every team wants a Luka/LBJ-sized main ballhandler. But it's not that easy. Cunningham is forced into the role but his handles simply aren't good enough. Same for Scottie Barnes or Brandon Ingram.
Like Reply
(12-24-2023, 09:01 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe it is a tanking move but I think coaching is one of the main issues in San Antonio. Trying to force Sochan into the oversized PG role is really hurting the team. Especially Wemby. Way better team when Tre Jones is on the floor.
A league wide trend. Every team wants a Luka/LBJ-sized main ballhandler. But it's not that easy. Cunningham is forced into the role but his handles simply aren't good enough. Same for Scottie Barnes or Brandon Ingram.

Right.

Pop is clearly a trash coach who doesn't know what he's doing, and can't win.
Like Reply
(12-24-2023, 11:35 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Right.

Pop is clearly a trash coach who doesn't know what he's doing, and can't win.

Posts like this, which I believe you mean as jokes, are risky. I assume you know that what Dirkfan posted came nowhere remotely close to making this claim. Instead, he correctly pointed out that the Spurs are choosing to play without a point guard, which is an odd coaching choice, obviously.

I’ve been reading your stuff long enough to know that you are intentionally trolling. What I can’t figure out is WHY. Is your goal to start arguments? Do you want people to think you’re stupid? I don’t understand what you get out of these.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply