Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 21: Dallas (13-8) @ Portland (6-15)| 125-112 WIN!!!
(12-08-2023, 11:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, if Irving is out for some time, Hardy is going to ave to play and play well.

I expected him to get minutes today. But apparently that isn't happening. Might need some half court creation to close the game out or against other opponents but I really like the Luka + great athlets lineups right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs PR (@MavsPR)
Kyrie Irving (right foot) will not return to tonight's game in Portland.

Also curious Holmes getting no burn and Morris is in
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Glad Lawson is getting these minutes, he should get his chance to earn a spot in the rotation too. OMax should spend the year in the G-League to develop his offensive game
Like Reply
Thybulle would have been a great fit.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Morris minutes are pretty bad. He is not a reliable rotation player any longer. No idea why he is getting run.

Luka really bad that third quarter. Really slow rotations and I don’t think he scored.

Mavs are terrible getting boards too. Allowing Portland to stick around.
Like Reply
Powell will henceforth be known as "troglodyte big man"

His name doesn't deserve to be uttered.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The poor rotations are just really frustrating. Slow or confused, but they are not connected.

Jeez Luka. Feet stuck in mud.
Like Reply
Is Kidd going to double the 1 guy scoring or....
Like Reply
Thybulle, the “great defender” going under a ball screen against Luka.
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:03 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thybulle, the “great defender” going under a ball screen against Luka.

Luka is 3/12 from 3. Not the worst idea.
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:03 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thybulle, the “great defender” going under a ball screen against Luka.

I think it's his strategy. He wants to be behind guys, to get unexpected blocks/steals
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:04 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka is 3/12 from 3. Not the worst idea.

That one he just made changed the momentum of the game.
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: That one he just made changed the momentum of the game.

And he missed the next two. Luka is an all time great scorer. No defender can stop him 1v1. If he goes over the screen it's an easy 2vs1 and Luka throws a lob pass to Lively. If he goes under it's a stepback three with a chance for a late contest. Best option is switching but the Blazers don't have the personal.

Four Mavs players watching the ball. One Blazers player going for the ball. How?
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:08 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And he missed the next two. Luka is an all time great scorer. No defender can stop him 1v1. If he goes over the screen it's an easy 2vs1 and Luka throws a lob pass to Lively. If he goes under it's a stepback three with a chance for a late contest. Best option is switching but the Blazers don't have the personal.

I vehemently disagree with your position in this pointless contrarian debate I find myself roped into. 

Giving Luka clean 3’s is not a strategy I would have faith in.
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:11 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I vehemently disagree with your position in this pointless contrarian debate I find myself roped into. 

It's all about momentum. Giving Luka clean threes isn't a sound strategy, but it's also not the best shot everytime.

dfan1998 has a point. The lobs are there if Luka can draw the defense and convert. He's settling a bit. 

I still don't mind because Luka is that good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(12-09-2023, 12:11 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I vehemently disagree with your position in this pointless contrarian debate I find myself roped into. 

There you have it. They didn't go under. Nice lob.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I hate both of you but I love you and I really hate Thybulle and I love that he’s not a Mav.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998, SleepingHero
Like Reply
if these g-league players can hit a 3 but Seth and DJJ cant then this is a lost game
Like Reply
Mavs may escape with a win but this has not been a good performance.
Like Reply
Exum been on the bench a looooooooooong time
Like Reply