Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 21: Dallas (13-8) @ Portland (6-15)| 125-112 WIN!!!
[Image: 1799690663.0.jpg]

Since the server went tits up I haven’t been able to figure out how to post pics or anything, so this is your thread for tonight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 07:35 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Since the server went tits up I haven’t been able to figure out how to post pics or anything, so this is your thread for tonight!

Go Mavs!

Think we'll get the "you should have traded for me so I didn't have to play in Portland" effort from Ayton tonight, or will he play very, very poorly, as he does most other nights?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 07:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Go Mavs!

Think we'll get the "you should have traded for me so I didn't have to play in Portland" effort from Ayton tonight, or will he play very, very poorly, as he does most other nights?
I was for sure with you on that call. I thought there was a chance we would be wrong, but the odds were ever in our favor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 07:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I was for sure with you on that call. I thought there was a chance we would be wrong, but the odds were ever in our favor.

Blech. Ayton.
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 07:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Go Mavs!

He already had the usual 5-10 game stretch where he showed that he can defend and rebound on an elite level if he wants to and has been mailing it in ever since. Couldn't even motivate himself for a revenge game in Phoenix. Trade deadline is still more than two months away so he has no reason to showcase himself. Would be a surpise if he picks a random game in december to make a statement.
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 07:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He already had the usual 5-10 game stretch where he showed that he can defend and rebound on an elite level if he wants to and has been mailing it in ever since. Couldn't even motivate himself for a revenge game in Phoenix. Trade deadline is still more than two months away so he has no reason to showcase himself. Would be a surpise if he picks a random game in december to make a statement.
It’s just weird that he doesn’t understand that if he played that way all the time, maybe he’s not redeemed from being a first overall draft pick, but he would be an integral part of a championship team. All that bulk just wasted.
Like Reply
Trap game?
Like Reply
Portland Trail Blazers Starters vs. Dallas Mavericks:

G Anfernee Simons
G Shaedon Sharpe
F Matisse Thybulle
F Toumani Camara
C Duop Reath

Mavs starters:

Luka
Kyrie
DJJ
Exum
Lively
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
if Lively has learned to attack on the 4 on 3 the dude has no limit
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
It is very obvious that Luka does not care about this game

Lively with some incredible paint protection
Like Reply
Welcome back Seth

(12-08-2023, 10:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It is very obvious that Luka does not care about this game

Lively with some incredible paint protection

Remember how I said Luka doesn't care about this game?

Headband buff too strong.
Like Reply
It's actually so much fun watching Lively do Lively stuff
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
THJ signature move. Beyond me why his ability to read the offense and get into position for a charge doesn't translate to better off ball defense.
Like Reply
If Powell looks like Lebron against your team, you're probably the worst team in the league.

Also Thybulle is an incredible defender.
Like Reply
Oh my lord Kyrie
Like Reply
Exum and Kyrie are both getting better as the season progresses.

Lively, too, but that one is obvious.
Like Reply
Simons is going right at Lively and it’s working.

Several targeted ball screens in a row.

Luka with the give up on defense after missing that 3.
Like Reply
Rough stretch for Lively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Powell comes in and Simons cools off immediately. He’s just better (for now) at playing at the level of the screen than Lively is.

Hate to say it, but I’m starting to enjoy seeing Curry come into the game instead of Hardy.
Like Reply
(12-08-2023, 11:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell comes in and Simons cools off immediately. He’s just better (for now) at playing at the level of the screen than Lively is.

Hate to say it, but I’m starting to enjoy seeing Curry come into the game instead of Hardy.

Don't want to overreact because the Mavs are playing against one of the worst teams in the league (just like last game) but I am starting to enjoy the additional ballhandling and athleticism without Williams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply