Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 16: Los Angeles Clippers (7-8) vs. Dallas Mavericks (10-6) | 88-107 loss
18 points. OFFENSE is the problem.
Like Reply
Timmy went out last night. He looks discombobulated
Like Reply
Considering how many live rebounds the Mavs’ inept offense just gave them, I’d say holding the Clippers to 29 is a pretty solid quarter’s worth of defensive work.

(11-25-2023, 11:07 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Timmy went out last night. He looks discombobulated

Not a good quarter from him, I agree.
Like Reply
VERY bad foul from Curry there.

So many dumb fouls
Like Reply
This is going to be a blowout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Curry is killing me
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Everyone outside of Kyrie looks sluggish. Not as bad as the second NOLA game but close.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Credit to Kidd for trying some stuff, imo. Not like there was much to lose.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Theis>>>Powell
Its true in FIBA and true in the NBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 11:22 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Theis>>>Powell
Its true in FIBA and true in the NBA

HARD disagree.

Theis seems average or below in every way to me. Powell has some areas in which he’s exceptional.

You know, the score isn’t that bad considering how badly they’ve played, honestly.
Like Reply
The ball needs to move so much more and so much faster against a defense like this…
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Hopefully Lively is back soon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 11:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: HARD disagree.

Theis seems average or below in every way to me. Powell has some areas in which he’s exceptional.

You know, the score isn’t that bad considering how badly they’ve played, honestly.

I dont know, I feel like Powell is below average in areas Mavs need the most, like physicality, rim protection and rebounding. Will take Theis over him for this team.
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 11:29 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I dont know, I feel like Powell is below average in areas Mavs need the most, like physicality, rim protection and rebounding. Will take Theis over him for this team.

You’re entitled to your opinion. It’s not up to either of us, but there’s a reason the Mavs keep bringing Powell back. Bet there were chances to pick up “perennial minimum” Theis along the way.

It feels like the Mavs should be down 20, at least, but they’re not. If they can just adjust to this long, aggressive defense LAC is playing, they could maybe get back into this.
Like Reply
Heading closer to 20 now…
Like Reply
They're getting killed on the boards, off and def.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If I had to choose a center to covet based on this game, it would be Zubac, not Theis.
Like Reply
Poor effort. Annihilated on the boards. Shouldn’t get out hustled like that against a team on a B2B but sometimes the exhaustion doesn’t show up until the 4th quarter. I expect a better second half. The Clippers just aren’t a good team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Gotta say…don’t think Holmes has exactly made the most of this chance, so far. Some good things, but more underwhelming than good, imo.
  • BolsDamols
Like Reply
No idea how it's this close
Hopefully a good sign for the second half
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply