Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 14: Sacramento Kings(8-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-5) | 113-129 loss
The other team getting to 100 by the end of the 3rd so frequently might be a bad thing
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Pretty impressive stuff by the Kings.

Mavs just need to find a to get better at defense. In the first half it was paint points. In the third it was wide open threes.

Mavs playing hard, they just are not at top 4-5 level unless they play near perfect. Especially with this defense
Like Reply
Im not a Powell hater but he has no shot against Sabonis style of play.
Like Reply
Kings taking to the Mavs pretty strong after the Mavs came out strong. Impressive performance.
Like Reply
Mavs do not want to play defense. This ones over.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 09:31 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Im not a Powell hater but he has no shot against Sabonis style of play.

Contrary to popular mavsboard.com belief, you can acknowledge Dwight isn’t playable vs some teams without being a “hater”
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
I know the kings are not a good defense team but during this run their defense has been very good. Mavs can’t do the same on their end of the floor.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 09:31 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Im not a Powell hater but he has no shot against Sabonis style of play.

I don't know what team Powell CAN play against and win minutes right now. Charlotte? He had some good minutes against Orlando where they didn't have any of their centers.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Omax maybe? Mavs aren’t coming back here. Let’s see Omax and Jaden.
Like Reply
Defense is just pathetic and there’s no way to fix this. Someone on the Kings is ALWAYS open and they are moving the ball to get an open shot every time. It’s like the Mavs always have one less player on the floor

Teams have zero respect for the Mavs defense, as they shouldn’t.
Like Reply
The way Lively closes out, or should I say lack of close out is starting to drive me crazy. Dude just sticks his hands up and slowly walks up.
Like Reply
Mavs offense is their best (only) defense. If offense is clicking they will have a chance, if not its gonna get ugly.
Like Reply
Sabonis is 13-13 on shots inside the 3pt line. Giannis was 17-23 from the paint last night.

Mavs have no pride.
Like Reply
Kings were better tonight. No doubt. Last nights loss really hurts. That is the one we needed.

Mavs are seeing some cracks over last few games. Against the better teams they really show. Not a lot of easy solutions either.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 09:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kings were better tonight.  No doubt.  Last nights loss really hurts.  That is the one we needed.

Mavs are seeing some cracks over last few games.  Against the better teams they really show.  Not a lot of easy solutions either.

The solutions have been parroted since the summer. A better starting center and a 2-way wing. 

Can Nico get both with a single 1st remains to be seen.
Like Reply
Nico Harrison on what he will be looking to add to the team (but will wait at least 20 games) - "someone who plays with physicality and rebounds the ball"

14 games in..Clock is ticking I guess?
Like Reply
Other than Sacramento not scoring over 130 points it basically turned out as I was affraid it would. Mavs defense is really bad and it is becoming obvious they can't win much against good teams playing defense like that. One thing to note. Sacramento was hiding Sabonis on DJJ and Green for most of the game, to prevent him to be caught in the PnR. Mavs were not able to punish that neither at center nor on Sabonis guarding a wing/guard.
Like Reply
In games like this you really see the downsides of the way this roster is constructed. All the three/four guard lineups leave you vulnerable inside. With Kleber hurt they have no legitimate two big lineup they can play. 

I’d seriously think about plugging in Omax more frequently to get some physicality. He’s flawed but he plays quite big and with force.

Luka | Exum
Kyrie | Hardaway
DJJ | Green
Grant | Omax
Lively | Powell

Tough two games behind us. It’s good that they have multiple nights off now and only two games next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 09:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The way Lively closes out, or should I say lack of close out is starting to drive me crazy. Dude just sticks his hands up and slowly walks up.

This is very noticeable and I have seen other posters complain about this in the past few days.

Could this be something he is being coached to do right now?
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 09:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The solutions have been parroted since the summer. A better starting center and a 2-way wing. 

Can Nico get both with a single 1st remains to be seen.

Harder to pull off.  Sniffed around Capella and Ayton this summer.  Maybe we will never know if we ever turned down a deal.  Supposedly had some interest in Drummond.  They were rumored to be big fans of Naz Reid before he resigned.  I think the only thing I could blame them in if they didn’t think Holmes could help.  Could you imagine what this would look like if Lively couldn’t play good minutes?  That may have ended the season before it began.

The two way wings are very hard to get.   Even the solid ones typically cost a decent asset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply