Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 14: Sacramento Kings(8-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-5) | 113-129 loss
[Image: F_TjLm2XoAAb0Zx?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Hoping for Hardy getting extended minutes tonight on the b2b and a bounce back game for Josh.
Like Reply
This is the type of matchup Green could/should start. Luka and Kyrie have no shot at guarding Fox. Maybe showing some confidence in him will get him jump started.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 03:45 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: This is the type of matchup Green could/should start. Luka and Kyrie have no shot at guarding Fox. Maybe showing some confidence in him will get him jump started.

Why wouldn’t DJJ start on Fox? His length should be a difference maker.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 05:05 PM)The Jom Wrote: Why wouldn’t DJJ start on Fox? His length should be a difference maker.

I am very sure he will. He was prime point of attack defender in all games. His offense is what dictates his minutes. 

Mavs won both b2b games so far, but this one will be a huge challenge. Sacramento won 5 games in a row. Mavs will have a hard time against Fox/Sabonis PnR and good shooters around them. Mavs PnR defense sucked so far. Mostly because most of their centers are good at switching and horrible at drop coverage while most of the rest are too small to be switched on the big. The way Mavs played so far, I will be surprised if Sacramento scores less than 130 points. Can Mavs score more?
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 06:56 PM)omahen Wrote: I am very sure he will. He was prime point of attack defender in all games. His offense is what dictates his minutes. 

Mavs won both b2b games so far, but this one will be a huge challenge. Sacramento won 5 games in a row. Mavs will have a hard time against Fox/Sabonis PnR and good shooters around them. Mavs PnR defense sucked so far. Mostly because most of their centers are good at switching and horrible at drop coverage while most of the rest are too small to be switched on the big. The way Mavs played so far, I will be surprised if Sacramento scores less than 130 points. Can Mavs score more?

Do you ever have anything positive to say?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
How do I get an invite to the discord?
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 07:32 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: How do I get an invite to the discord?

I Pm'd you

(11-19-2023, 07:11 PM)The Jom Wrote: Do you ever have anything positive to say?

I don't really see anything negative he said there? He correctly identified the Mavs lack of ability to defend the paint and PnR. Both of which are the Kings bread and butter. 

The Mavs are facing an uphill climb on a 2nd night of a back to back. Lets hope they rise to the challenge.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
As a fan of Lively and as much as I hate to say it, we still need a starting center.

Lively is good enough right now 80% of the time to be a starting center, but it's clear he is still learning. A Vuc trade is starting to pique my interest way more. Mostly because of his ability to attack the short roll WAY more than Lively. Can't sag off of Vuce at the FT line.
Like Reply
Luka does not look 100%

And I love but also hate that he's such a badass he wants to play through it.
Like Reply
Mavs cannot defend at all

And there is Mcgee showing why the Mavs did anything possible to get rid of him last offseason. Literally nothing there.
Like Reply
Nah. THJ knew what he was doing. Nothing violent but it was a little extra.
Like Reply
Great defense by Green.

Cannot believe they gave THJ a tech.
Like Reply
Josh Green showing a pulse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 08:07 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Nah. THJ knew what he was doing. Nothing violent but it was a little extra.

I see worse in my rec league.

Mavs somehow lead at the end of that 1st. Felt like that quarter was an eternity.

I like the Mavs blitz strategy and have 3 guys play free safety.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Great Green run. Exactly what this team needs. Good defense too.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 08:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I see worse in my rec league.
Yea not a lot of contact. I think that’s one of those unwritten he disrespected me things.
Like Reply
(11-19-2023, 08:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great Green run.  Exactly what this team needs.  Good defense too.

Yes I need more of Mr. Disrupter in passing lanes Green.

This game is going to be decided on who decides to play defense first. 

What makes me happy is that last year the Mavs got ran out of the gym last year with the Kings uptempo play style. This year they look comfortable at this pace.

Can't believe Mike Brown listened to Duarte on that. McGee obviously fouled Luka.
Like Reply
Offense looks off and stagnated right now.
Like Reply
Ball movement much better in the Kyrie only minutes. I hate the no pass three point possessions without trying to penetrate. Easy out for a defense.
Like Reply