Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 12: Washington Wizards (2-9) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-3) | 117-130 WIN!!!!!!!
THJ heat check
Like Reply
If Lively´s hands/touch were as good as his footwork, he´d become a superstar.
Like Reply
Good half.

Holmes and Morris were the only two not to play. Kinda says a lot, imo.
Like Reply
Who wins a mid-range shooting contest between 39 year old Jason Kidd, Robin Hood and Grant Williams.
Like Reply
DJJ is really starting to win me over.
Like Reply
Lively with dunk after dunk, multiple blocks, plenty of very good passes. Highly impressive once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If Green goes scoreless tonight against this Wizars efense he should get 50% cut off his extension.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, RoyTarpleysGhost, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
I'm all for Grant Williams with some minutes as the backup 5 but doing that with 4 guards seems like a bad idea

but it's worked so far so what do I now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
While we thought Green's contract was good value, it's actually going to turn out to be the opposite. They should not have paid that money to a player whose role could be easily achieved by a veteran minimum player.

Pretty much swap Danny Green for him right now and you would see no difference. All they are useful for on offense is standing in the corner to space the floor. It's going to suck losing DJJ in free agency because they decided to pay Green this season instead. DJJ is just a better fit for this team with his bigger size and athleticism
Like Reply
(11-15-2023, 08:52 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If Green goes scoreless tonight against this Wizars efense he should get 50% cut off his extension.

He needs to take notes from Exum and DJJ.
Seth too is undersized but takes it to Kispert.

(11-15-2023, 08:53 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm all for Grant Williams with some minutes as the backup 5 but doing that with 4 guards seems like a bad idea

but it's worked so far so what do I now?

It's a bad idea. Period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Gimme Danny Green over Osh Green right now!
Like Reply
THJ going down would be a bad thing. He’s really fitting in so far this year.
Like Reply
Game is over...no need to bring the starters back in. Bring in OMax
Like Reply
I noticed it the last few games already, but today it is blatant. Hardy gets by far the least garbage minutes at the moment. Is he hurt or is something else going on?

Also looks like my boy Goga is outplaying Vucevic. Good luck trading him.
Like Reply
(11-15-2023, 09:12 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I noticed it the last few games already, but today it is blatant. Hardy gets by far the least garbage minutes at the moment. Is he hurt or is something else going on?

Apparently garbage time isn't a thing if Luka still has to get to his season averages. Blatant stat padding.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
37 minutes, zero points. How in the world is that even possible. Only other scoreless Maverick was Richaun Holmes and he played less than two minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(11-15-2023, 09:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Apparently garbage time isn't a thing if Luka still has to get to his season averages. Blatant stat padding.

Would have really wanted Lively to get 1 rebound but I guess Luka needs it more.

(11-15-2023, 09:19 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 37 minutes, zero points. How in the world is that even possible. Only other scoreless Maverick was Richaun Holmes and he played less than two minutes.

Let me guess.. Luka passes to Green to quicken the pace, Green promptly accelerates but stops when he sees one defender, and waits for THJ who quickly launches a 3. And in a half court he dribble drives only to pass and not to shoot. In sharp contrast to Exum and Hardy.
Like Reply
Yeah I'm done with Green. Got the contract extension and now is probably going to have a career-worst season.

But his contract is movable, both now and in the offseason once the new salary goes into effect. I would see if the Nets would take him for DFS since the Nets wanted him last year as part of the Kyrie trade. Luka would be the first to sign off on bringing DFS back.
Like Reply
Lively has been so so good. Even when he doesn’t get stats, he provides positive play.

We need to get Green going. Too many 2-3 point games and his man defense is overrated too. Too many times he is invisible in the court. I thought he broke through on the first Pelican game but he is back to that same invisible performance.

Hardaway has been great this year. He deserves the shots he is taking. Several are cringe worthy but he deserves that freedom at the moment.

Grant Williams paint shot attempts are going to cause a lot of angst sometime this year. Can’t argue with the rest of his game though.

Not a lot of hope for that Wizard team. Don’t look like they have great chemistry either. Makes sense knowing who their two best players are.
Like Reply
(11-15-2023, 09:12 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I noticed it the last few games already, but today it is blatant. Hardy gets by far the least garbage minutes at the moment. Is he hurt or is something else going on?

Also looks like my boy Goga is outplaying Vucevic. Good luck trading him.

Hardy has been playing a level below both Exum and Curry so far this season. Kidd has done a good job finding minutes for him but it seems like he’s on his way out of the rotation. Hard to find arguments against either of Exum/Curry right now, they’ve both been very good the last few games.
Like Reply